Chapter 4

The image above is how I imagine Nova to look (unsure of the actresses name. Let me know if you do) :)

I couldn't help but stumble backwards at what I was looking at. In doing so I knocked over a discarded astronomy textbook that had been left on the staircase. The sound echoed through the tower and I jumped out from behind the pillar. My heart beating fast and hard against my chest, my cheeks flashing a deep shade of crimson. Draco and Pansy had broken away from each other, Pansy was glaring at me sending shivers down my spine, whereas Draco just stared. I couldn't read his expression, his eyes just fixed on me like a deer caught in headlights. Without explaining myself I ran out of the tower and down to the dungeon, towards the Slytherin common room. I could vaguely here someone call my name from the top of the stairs but I didn't stop to see who it was or what they had to said.

Once I was back in the common room I was so drained. How had I only been here one day. Lessons hadn't even started yet and so far I had kissed my worst enemy, had the most awkward conversation with Aaron and been caught spying on Draco kissing Pansy fucking  Parkinson! I slumped into my dorm where Cora was sitting on her bed reading the daily prophet.

"Filthy mudbloods," Cora spat under her breath, I don't think she realised I was there.

"Cora!" I snapped at her, I hated it when she said stuff like that. Cora came from an important Pure Blood family, something that wasn't hard to find in Slytherin but she still liked to remind people. I wanted to say it was just because of her parents that she was like this, but she was old enough now to have her own mind. 

"Shit Rhian, you trying to scare me to death," Cora shouted but the anger faded from her face as quickly as it came. I slumped down on my bed, I love being at Hogwarts but I don't think I can deal with lessons tomorrow. Plus I've got all lessons with Draco and I can't deal with that, not after what I just saw between him and Pansy.

***

Sleep came easily and I woke up too soon. I was awoken by Cora dropping her books on the floor and swearing under her breath.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked, pulling myself away from the warm covers and starting pulling on my uniform.

"I couldn't be arsed," she shrugged casually, stuffing the right books into her bag. Cora was my best friend but there is never a point when I think she was put into the wrong house. I put my makeup on and stuffed my books into my satchel, our first lesson was potions with Professor Slughorn...I can't deal with this. We have potions with Gryffindor, which I didn't mind that much but there was always some kind of tension. Nova and Cora left without me, after I tried to find my quill for 20 minutes. By the time I found it I had to run to potions class. I got there just as Slughorn has started talking. It was a classic schoolboy error to be late for classes on your first day. Otherwise you'd end up being stuck sat next to any werido. But thanks to Cora and my severe lack of organisational skills, I was the last to class. I cursed myself inwardly, standing awkwardly at the door hoping Slughorn wont see how late I am.

"Sit down Miss Elwin before I give you a detention," he drawled, rubbing his temple in frustration. I looked around again and still couldn't see any spare seats. I looked back at him expecting him to suggest a way for me to sit down when there are no seats.

"There is a spare seat there and hurry up. Don't interrupt my lesson again or it will be a detention," he snapped again. I wasn't in the mood for this, especially not the first lesson of the school year. The tiredness and anger became a toxic mix in my head and before I could stop myself, I opened my mouth.

"Tell me Professor, are you always an arse or is it just a special occasion," the words flew out of my mouth but when I saw Slughorn turning a strange shade of purple, I wanted to take them back. I know I should have apologised right there and then, maybe tried blurting out some excuse. But instead I held my ground not breaking eye contact with him. The whole room erupted in laughter, even some of the Gryffindor's were laughing, some louder than others...Ron Weasley.

"Miss Elwin, you have two nights detention with me," he boomed. Fuck. I slumped off towards the seat that Slughorn had pointed towards. And just when I thought my day couldn't possibly get any worse...the seat was next to Malfoy.

Please stick around because I am super excited about the plan for this story. Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE & LOVE x