Chapter 23

We eventually pulled away from the shadows and went out into the main corridors, the screams were getting louder but they were coming from downstairs. Harry suddenly started to run towards someone and I followed him, not wanting to be left alone. When I saw who I was but heart stopped and I fell to her side. Cora was propped up against the wall, fresh blood soaking her clothes. She was alive but clearly in a lot of pain, she embraced me in a weak hug when she saw me. I heard someone muttering spells and for the first time I saw Ginny Weasley, Ron’s younger sister. Cora didn’t seem too happy that Ginny was helping her but she wasn’t so stupid as to deny her help.

“What the hell happened Cora?” I asked, watching as Ginny hovered her wand over Cora’s body.

“I was helping a few Slytherin first years, when Bellatrix started throwing spells at me. I deflected most of them but this first year distracted me by throwing a warts spell at her and Bellatrix hit me. She would have killed me if it wasn’t for Blaise,” she said, watching Ginny carefully.

“Blaise?” I asked; Blaise was Draco’s best friend.

“Yeah, he came out of nowhere and started firing spells at Bellatrix, she freaked out and apparated. He wanted to help me but I told him to take the first year’s somewhere safe,” she muttered, her breathing was coming back to normal speed but she still looked in a lot of pain.

“We have to go Rhiannon,” Harry said, trying to pull me away from Cora.

“Get off me Potter,” I shouted raising my wand to Harry’s throat, I wasn’t going to kill him but his face told me he thought otherwise. I felt the end of a wand against the back of my neck, it was Ginny.

“Drop your wand now,” Ginny was younger than me but I thought better than to get on the wrong side of her, even if she was just a Weasley. I lowered my wand and Harry relaxed.

“I can’t leave Cora, I won’t,” I was shouting now and I didn’t even care.

“I’ll take care of her, I can apparate now. Professor McGonagall taught me how, I can take her to my house where she will be safe,” Ginny spoke, she was being surprisingly sweet to me and I wasn’t sure I trusted her. But I had no other choice, Cora nodded to say it was fine so I willingly took Harry’s hand and we apparated to a simple house, I think it is Harry’s house. I was in Harry Potter’s house.