[004] - if the shoe fits

﹒──── ✩ + ❛ ✧!

﹒──── ✩   + ❛ ✧!

★✩﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒

[004] -
if the shoe fits

HUDDLING AGAINST THE WALL perhaps wasn't the best idea. Right? Well, Siobhán would tell people that it, in fact, was the worst idea of her life. Her stupidity had cornered her into a cowering position with Alice asking relentless questions. How much more embarrassing could it get?

"Why did you run away?" Alice crossed her arms. Siobhán hung her head low, never daring to look into the girl's eyes.

"I got overwhelmed," she said quietly.

"I saw those buffoons of the Marauders glancing at each other," Alice said with a stare. "They must know something I don't."

Something inside Siobhán craved to lash out at Alice to go away, but she couldn't do that to her friend. Her heart knew it. Deep down, she knew it. The Fortescue girl was a rare find—a character beyond the explanation of words. Brightness was something Siobhán loved to correlate her with. And that's what she was; the epitome of the sun. Warmth and love and life and everything nice came with the package of her friendship. Siobhán could never imagine not having her.

"I don't think they have enough intelligence for that," Siobhán laughed. "Most likely, they found out about Amos."

"Diggory is no good," Alice turned before cursing under her breath. "He couldn't keep his infatuation to himself!"

Siobhán's stomach churned at his name. Nothing could have prepared her for the news of Amos Diggory—the Amos Diggory!—liking her. Frankly, she wasn't good enough for the Hufflepuff icon. His smile, his eyes, his beauty; just his everything made Siobhán nervous. Alongside his natural handsomeness, Amos was hardworking and kind.

"I can't believe someone as good as him would want me," Siobhán told, a ping of hurt in her voice. "He has countless better options, so why me?"

In these situations, all she did was compare herself to those around her. Even when she didn't mean it. And as she did this, Alice began speaking about something, but Siobhán felt too caught up with the floor to pay attention.

"Are you even listening to me, Siobhán?" Alice asked in irritation. The brunette hummed, still looking at the ground.

Despite the utter constant pressure she faced, never had she broken down in front of someone. That was a strict code she would stick by. Forever and always, of course. The plan was simple: nobody must see the puzzle. Her puzzle, to make it simple. She didn't want to be solved or completed or sympathized with because of it. If anything, she wanted to be loved. Tenderly and thoughtfully accepted by the other person without needing to fix her. And the questions began once more. How could Amos love her, want her like this? He must've been so over his head with the blindness of like. She wasn't the person for him. She never would be.