31

BLISSFUL MOMENTUM. WHAT A wonderful thing. To be in peace seems a task too great to bear. It sounds like a fantasy when you go to a school full of wizards and witches, squibs, and whatnot. The buffoons that cross these cold-stoned walls are the most extravagant men of their time. Marauders, of course. Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. Their pranks filled the school with laughter. Heaven knows the students needed it. One may be surprised by the secrets they withheld. A certain lycanthrope was among the students of Hogwarts. This was the Marauder's biggest secret.

Remus Lupin was one but not too many of the best students in the castle. One would never guess of him being a werewolf. His kind nature and his warm aura gave everyone comfort. Remus was a generous soul with a big heart, but the monster within haunted him. He was ashamed of being this creature who could kill anyone in his sense of smell. Pain seized upon him every transformation. Every month on a full moon he would go through the most unbearable pain. Remus felt like he broke his bones every time he transformed into that creature. He wanted to escape. That pain brought him into hiding every single tie until the full moon. Yet, there was no cure for such a thing. Till death do apart.

"Remus!" Siobhán's voice came from above the hill. He waved at her with a small smile as he saw Regulus Black right by her side.

Remus was perched against a tree, deep in thought. He had been waiting for Siobhán to show up with Regulus so they could speak about their agreement from yesterday. For he knew that the boy wouldn't take it lightheartedly. Their plan would take him deep into the memories of his past. Traumatic it certainly was, but Remus was bound to ease him up somehow. Sirius and Regulus had to reconcile what they had lost. Anything to see Sirius smiling again.

"Siobhán." he nodded at her. She latched onto Regulus's hand and led him down the hill. Remus observed the two. He thought of them like platonic soulmates. One looked at each other with pure love and the other with complete mischief. In another reality, Siobhán could've been a Black. She might've even returned his affections. Yet, it was the same thing with Leonardo Nott. The two were platonic soulmates. Remus observed the two's interactions and found himself thinking of how much affection Leonardo had for Siobhán.

She had these men wrapped around her finger but her one true love was James. It would always be James Potter.

"So, what are we here for?" Regulus asked. His expression was plastered with curiosity. Siobhán put a comforting hand on his shoulder as Remus prepared to tell him their plan.

"Siobhán and I agreed to this notion." he faltered. Regulus gazed at Siobhán with an arch of his eyebrow. "I want you to take this lightly. Not with an outburst, if you may."

"Okay..." his tone replenished in suspicion. "Well, tell me now. I think I can handle it."

"Are you sure?" Siobhán whispered to the gray-eyed boy in front of her. He glanced down with a release of her hand.

"Of course," he reassured. "Why wouldn't I be?" Regulus gazed at the two Gryffindors. He was highly confused about what they were trying to tell him. It seemed as if he was at a pureblood dinner. Where he would try his best to not act nervous or even be the "perfect" son for his mother.

"It could be a lot to handle." she chimed in. He heaved out a sigh. Regulus was getting impatient with them. He wanted answers to this sudden meet-up, quickly.

"Just tell me." Regulus pointedly said.

Remus nodded and licked his lips. "So, Siobhán and I agreed for all of us to be friends. But for us to do that, we have to meet you up with your brother, Sirius."