8

PERKED ON A TREE, BOOK IN HAND was Siobhán. Sitting in the courtyard was a peaceful activity. No one to bother her when she was sitting on her tree. Not one single soul could ruin her imagination when she was on the rough bark. Wind was whipping her hair, pages being turned with a crisp sound, grass trailing like the leaves. The smell of rain was blissful, and she adored it. Every moment of it. Humidity was tiresome, but the early morning mist kept her well.

Staring up above, she hadn't noticed some Slytherin boy sitting at the end of the tree. He had a book opened up as his dark hair was waving around in the wind. It was a Saturday, and many students didn't have classes that day. Many resorted to reading, hanging out with their friends, or even listening to music. Siobhán had decided on reading. Her book was sprawled open to a very exciting page. They were to confess their love for one another. For the main heroine had been so wrong of the man. He changed for the better because of her.

She swooned for such virtues in a lad. Oh, how Elizabeth Bennet was so lucky that Mr. Darcy loved her so dearly. He practically was bewitched by her, body and soul. Her lips turned up into a large smile as they were declaring how wrong they had been to each other.

When she was about to turn the page the wind made pages turn. She furrowed her eyebrows trying to get back to it, but the book slipped from her hands. It plummeted down towards the bottom of the tree. She heard a thud and closed her eyes before looking down to see what it hit.

There was her book in the boy's hand. He was rubbing the top of his head. Flipping the book over multiple times, he inspected it. The boy looked up and saw Siobhán smiling sheepishly.

"Is this yours?" he inquired. She nodded and climbed down the tree to retrieve her book. He continued to look at the summary of the book. She stood there with her hand slightly out.

"Interesting book. Pride and Prejudice, is it?" he looked at her once again. She grinned as he looked interested in the book.

"Indeed," she muttered softly. He opened the book to the first page and read the first paragraph. He hummed slightly and returned the book.

"By any chance, could you lend me that book when you're done?" he returned to looking at his very own book. She started rubbing the spine of the book trying to come up with an answer.

"Of course. Where would I find you to give you this book?" she looked at him quizzically. The boy stood up and dusted off his clothes.

He was wearing a black vest with a white collared shirt underneath. His pants were black along with his shoes. Overall, he looked very polished. He ran a hand through his hair and extended his hand.

"The name's Regulus Black," he smirked softly as her eyes widened. She slowly shook his hand and then released it. Leaning against the tree, he continued to look at her. Regulus glanced at her up and down in fact.

"Black, you say?" she said surprised. He nodded quickly.

"Are you so surprised by me?" she shook her head and laughed slightly.

"It's just your idiotic brother likes me." she put the book up to her chest. His jaw was agape as he realized who she was.

"Siobhán Parten," he whispered.

"What?"

"Siobhán Parten, " he said once again.

"Yes, that's me?" she gave him a questionable look and rose her hand. He laughed and threw his head back.

"My brother speaks so much about you. I can't believe I finally met you." he smiled satisfied.

"How kind of your brother to speak about me to his family. Yet, how would they accept the fact that I'm a muggle-born?" she smirked at him. He side-eyed her while fixing his collared shirt.