41

SCHOOL YEARS PASS AND COME. BUT this school year meant a lot. Siobhán Parten had argued with James Potter, and as a result, they confessed their feelings. It was a sentimental moment. One full of passion and sorrow, but it came down to words. Simple, but beautiful. It seemed hard to explain. Yet,  they somehow knew what it meant. Their words were hidden emotions brought to life, yearning for satisfaction. Both of them knew that this year and the next would be life-changing. It would make them realize that the world is darker and harsher than they expected.

"N.E.W.T exams are over!" celebrated Sirius, patting Peter on the shoulder. "The end of the year will be in a couple of days. So, let's throw a party. Gryffindor's are the best at throwing these types of things, and I think it would close 6th year out perfectly."

"Padfoot, I do think getting hungover at the end of a year is fun..." Remus trailed off. "But let's be sensible. Next year is going to be a major one. It'll be the last time we'll see Hogwarts. Besides, we'll all have important things to do. Professor Mcgonagall is going to talk to every one of us about what job we would succeed in."

"You're boring," Sirius grumbled. "I guess we'll do it without you. I'll miss your presence, but it's your choice. Anyway, why are you dwelling on seventh year? It'll be in a couple of months, not now."

"It's an important thing for me." Remus gazed at him, green eyes boring into gray. "As a werewolf, it's hard for me to find a job. Professor Dumbledore may offer me a spot here, but it depends on how I do next year. You wouldn't know about such things, would you?"

Sirius raised his hands, shaking his head in defeat. "Alright, alright. Sorry for asking..." Remus gave him a tight-lipped smile, shutting his book with a thud.

"Can you two ever stop arguing?" Peter gave them death glares, standing up from the couch. "You're so loud a person can't even read! That says a lot. By the way, let's do that party at the end of the year."

"I entrust you'll go, Moony." Sirius gave him a hopeful smile. "It's going to be fun, and I'm sure Lily's going to be there."

"I'll see if I go," he muttered, a smile threatening to appear. Sirius smirked, patting him on the head. He walked towards the dormitories, glancing behind him. Remus had his book propped open in his hands, wavy hair covering his eyes. It was a sight to see, even if he didn't realize Remus's beauty. They had spoken of their attraction to each other in 3rd year, but they decided to let it be. It would do no good if they revealed their likeness to the world. Besides, Remus had Lily. Sirius would never ruin Remus's opportunity at love.

Sirius heaved out a sigh, going up the stairs. Things were getting tougher relationship-wise. He had multiple flings but not one true love. It was frustrating, and he hated it. He hated the way he was alone, no one to love him as a partner. Sirius had dropped everything just for a new start, but he could never bring himself to restart. He feared that his family would chase him and the girl of his dreams, eventually killing them. It would all be a tragedy. All for nothing at all. Being a Black was a curse. It denied him any self-motivation, but he held an act to the world. Sirius would never show the weaker side to him. He was the Sirius Black, and he was no coward.

He would achieve what he wanted, one way or another.

Siobhán Parten and James Potter were sitting on the cold, wooden floors of the astronomy tower. They were overlooking the birds flying, picking at the pieces of grain left on the floor. It was a windy evening, sun orange and purple. The night was starting to appear, but it would make everything the better. It had been a couple of days since the announcement of the Gryffindor party, and Siobhán wasn't ready. It made her realize that she was almost an adult, ready to go out into the world. In truth, no one was ready for the darkness outside. It crept beneath these walls, and she was afraid. James and her wanted an eternity together, but would they get it? There were forces beyond the castle walls that craved blood. No, she wasn't ready. She was afraid.