22

SIOBHÁN PARTEN WAS WAITING outside the Potter manor for her mother to come pick her up. Euphemia Potter was standing right next to her as she gazed around for any sudden cars that would happen to come through the gate. Siobhán was anxious as she would have to tell her mother about the tattoo she had gotten many days prior. A door clicked open from behind the pair. Siobhán turned around and saw James gazing at her with a sad expression.

"I don't want you to leave," he pouted, dragging his arm over her shoulder. She just sighed and stood straight, looking forward at the gate.

"You'll see me when we get on the train to go to Hogwarts," she reassured, trying not to turn around and hug him in front of his mother. "I promise."

He nodded as Sirius and Remus came from the door that was already opened. Peter couldn't come for the summer because his mother had plans for him and his family to take a small trip to Sweden. Remus huffed out a groan as he saw James being sentimental over Siobhán departing from him.

"Prongs, suck it up now." he hissed, going to stand next to him. Sirius put his elbow on Remus's shoulder and glanced around to find Fleamont Potter stealthily going next to his wife. His footsteps weren't heard by anyone except Sirius who was still observing him.

"Are we all here to say goodbye?" Fleamont announced, scaring everyone but Sirius as they didn't know he had come outside.

"Fleamont!" screeched Euphemia, slapping him in the arm quite harshly. He chuckled and stood next to his wife, quite proud of himself for scaring them all.

"Relax honey, I was just trying to lighten up the mood." he chimed in with hesitance in his voice. She glared at him before turning her nose high. Siobhán smiled as she heard the twos bickering.

"I see your Mum's car." James cut short. Siobhán whined, not wanting her mother to find out about the unforbidden tattoo.

Judith pulled up to the steps, rolling down her window in the process. Siobhán waved awkwardly at her mother who unlocked the doors of her car.

"Hello." she nodded her head to the group of 6. Euphemia Potter walked down the steps to go greet Siobhán's mother. James took Siobhán's trunk from the ground and went towards the car to put it in the trunk.

"Hi, I'm Euphemia Potter." Euphemia peeked through the open window. Judith smiled brightly at the woman, lending out her hand to shake with the woman in front of her. Euphemia shook her hand and glanced back at Siobhán who was avoiding eye contact with her.

"Your daughter and one of my sons went to go get a tattoo together," she informed, whispering so Siobhán wouldn't overhear. Judith's eyes widened.

"Which one is James?" she whispered back. Euphemia pointed towards the boy with glasses. Judith awed as she saw the muscular boy next to her daughter.

"My daughter has told me all good things about him." she beamed at Euphemia who started gushing over how well-behaved James was.

"Oh, as expected of my James." she put a hand over her chest as she talked about her son. "You must go on your way. It must be a long journey for you to get home."

"Indeed," she muttered, glancing back at Siobhán. Siobhán started going towards her mother, opening the passenger door.

"Mother." she smiled softly. Judith gave her a tight smile before waving at the people who were still on the steps. James stared at Siobhán with a sad expression. He was still not ready to let her go for the summer.

"I'll see you all when school starts!" she shouted through the window as her mother started driving down the pathway. James nodded with a big smile as she gave him a funny look.