20

SUMMER IN 1975 WAS TAKING OFF nicely. Siobhán Parten was sitting outside with a hot cup of tea in hand. Leaves were swaying around in the wind as it blew around England. She was beyond excited for the week that was going to come. Her brother Vinícius was sitting next to her while playing with his toys.

"Sis?" asked the small boy from below.

"Hm?"

"What are you going to do this summer?" he didn't glance up once from his toys. Siobhán thought about what she should say, but the answer was pretty evident.

"I'm going to go to the Potter's manor," she muttered. Vinícius looked up at her, a smirk plastered on his face. She rolled her eyes.

"Going to visit the love of your life's parents?" he teased, going back to playing with his toys. She set her cup of tea down on the floor. Grabbing Vinícius, she started tickling him. His giggles were heard inside the house.

"Okay, okay, stop!" he yelled through laughs. She stopped and patted the top of his head. Her mother, Judith, came outside to see the cause of laughter.

"Dears?" she raised an eyebrow. Siobhán glanced back at her mother who had her hands on her hips.

"Mother, you know how I was invited to a house for this summer?" Siobhán implored, grabbing her cup of tea from the ground. Judith nodded, tilting her head in confusion.

"Well, it's the Potter's manor." she chimed in. Her mother's jaw was unhinged as she realized the Potter's meant James Potter.

"James Potter?" she gazed down at her daughter.

"Yes, it's that Potter," she mumbled not wanting her mother to make a fuss about it.

"Meeting his parents already?" she gave her a smirk before entering inside the house once again. Siobhán groaned as her whole family thought she was in some kind of romantic relationship with James Potter. Every time she tried to convince them they were just friends they would completely disregard her existence.

"You lot drive me insane," she told Vinícius. He laughed, glancing up at her. "Is that supposed to be a compliment dear sister?"

"No, it's supposed to be an offensive one." she bluntly stated, sipping her tea soon after.

"Why don't you go meet his parents already?" groaned Vinícius while throwing a small toy soldier at her. She dodged it and glared at him.

"Imagine if that got in my tea and I drank it!" she yelled. He scoffed and threw a bigger toy soldier at her.

"Vinícius Theo Parten!" she stood up and threw the rest of her tea on the grass outside. He wavered, not knowing if he should run or stay. She took one big step near him and he took off towards the yard. Siobhán followed him, her empty mug waving around in her hand.

"Help!" yelled her brother. He was running in circles as she still followed him around with the mug in hand.

"Help!" he screeched loudly. Her father and mother heard from inside and immediately came out to the yard. There they saw Siobhán throwing her hand, mug in place, with full force at her younger brother. Vinícius was able to dodge every single one of her attempted hits.

"Siobhán and Vinícius Parten!" screamed their mother from the porch. Siobhán halted, turning her head slowly towards her mother. Judith had her hands placed on her hips, fuming with anger. Vinícius stopped running. He glanced around at Siobhán before smiling innocently towards his mother.

"Hi, mum!" he waved at her. She furrowed her eyebrows as he immediately went behind Siobhán in fear of a whooping.

"You kids have made your mother mad." their father shouted from where he was standing. Judith whipped herself around to glare at her husband. He raised his hands in defeat, not wanting to make his wife take out her anger on him too.