17

JAMES POTTER WAS DRAGGING SIOBHÁN PARTEN by the arm towards the huge tree near the black lake. Several months had passed since they had returned from Christmas break. In those several months, James and Siobhán got closer. With the months that had passed, red and pink colors started flying in the air. Meaning Valentine's day was coming up. Students were gossiping about the Hogsmeade trip and who would take who for the certain event.

"Loverboy," she grumbled as he held her hand tightly.

He was dragging her to a little area covered in flowers. Lilacs, daisies, and rose petals all scattered over the cloth on top of the grass. Patterns of jade blue and off white were woven into the fabric. On top of the cloth was a cream-colored woven picnic basket. It was propped open with different delectable foods on the inside. Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and raspberries were quite the selection of fruits among the basket. Small chocolate tarts were next to the fruits, giving it all the more detail.

Water was placed in fancy cups that James himself had selected. The main course of their small picnic would be chicken and swiss cheese sandwiches. James Potter wasn't an excellent cook, so he had to have some sort of help from the elves in the kitchens.

Remus Lupin had also helped plan the festivity. He had studied components of flowers and knew which ones many young women liked. Peter on the other hand thought this wasn't a friendly picnic. He insisted that it would be more of a date rather than just a picnic between friends. Sirius agreed with Peter rather strongly on his opinion.

James was still dragging her over to the little area. Siobhán was wearing a white sundress covered in small blue flowers. Her floppy sun hat was placed on top of her head blocking away any sunlight that would get on her face. James on the other hand was wearing a brown long-sleeved shirt with a white-collar, off white pleated pants, and white high top converse with calf reaching white socks. Rings were adorned on his right hand and one single ring on his left hand.

Siobhán's dress was ruffling against the grass. Her white slip-on sandals covered her toes and only showed the heel of her foot. She had her eyes closed as James led her to the picnic. Once they finally arrived he let go of her hands and went a bit further away from her so that she could see the whole picture.

"Okay, open your eyes," he shouted from his spot. She opened her eyes and her mouth became agape in awe.

"Wow." she tried to come up with words. "It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful."

He eagerly smiled at her. She walked towards the clothed area and sat down on one of the two pillows set on the cloth. James sat down on the other one and gazed out at the black lake. He sighed out of amazement as the sun hit the water with all its glory. The lake shimmered like rhinestones, making the picnic much more beautiful than it already was.

"Did you come up with this all by yourself?" she asked, taking her floppy sun hat off her head and placing it next to her. He nodded and laid his hands against the grass. She gazed up and observed the tree she used to observe many years ago.

"You know, I used to observe this tree when I was in my second year." James hummed and glanced at her. "It was fascinating really. I stared at the bark and saw some letters inscribed into it."

Her eyes searched the bark to see any letterings.

"I don't know if it's still there, but I thought it was sweet," she muttered. "A pure and sweet love."

She bit her lip and glanced back down at the picnic cloth. James gazed at her with fondness. He thought she looked like a princess when she was all dressed up, ready to give everyone a little glimpse of her beauty.