36

WATER POURED DOWN THE CASTLE with anger, casting the inside to echo as each drop touched the surface. Halls were crowded, full of students trying not to get wet. Siobhán loved rainy days but hated the crowded areas that came with it.

"As I was saying, Frank and Alice are going on a date." Marlene burst with excitement. "He asked her on a date yesterday. Right in front of Lily and me!"

Siobhán bit back a smile. Ever since the two decided to stop being distant from each other, things started to become better. Marlene Mckinnon had her eye on someone else, and Sirius's birthday had recently passed. The pair of Gryffindor girls were heading towards the tower, quickly stopping when they heard music playing.

"You want something like what Alice and Frank have." Siobhán pointed out. Marlene heaved out a sigh, nodding in confession. The soft tune became louder. It sounded like an ABBA song. "I think I hear my favorite person playing my favorite music."

"Who's your favorite person?" asked Marlene, slightly confused about what the subject was. Siobhán grinned wickedly, opening the door that led to the music.

"Sirius Black."

Inside the room was Sirius Black singing loudly, skimming through vinyls. Siobhán gazed around the room, eyes landing on a moving picture of the Marauders.

"You are the dancing queen. Young and sweet. Only seventeen!" he plopped himself on the couch, grabbing a magazine from the coffee table in front of him. "Dancing queen. Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah..."

He bopped his head to the music, tapping his foot against the stone floor. Siobhán and Marlene stood there. They were enjoying the entertainment he was giving, even if he didn't know it.

"Sirius," she called out. The boy didn't hear, grabbing a cigarette from a pack. He lit it up and took his first drag, still mumbling the lyrics under his breath. "Sirius!"

He snapped his head over to the two girls in the entryway. Marlene snickered, clasping her hand over her mouth to muffle the sound. Siobhán shook her head.

"How much did you see?" he asked, standing up quickly. Siobhán started clapping, walking towards him.

"Everything."

"Oh, I hate you for always creeping up on me," he confessed, taking her into a hug. She wrapped her hands around his waist, squeezing tightly.

"You love me," she remarked, tone cocky. Sirius rolled his eyes, walking back to his vinyl player. He grabbed 'Money, Money, Money' by ABBA. Slowly placing it on the disk plate, the tune began to play.

"Come dance with me, pup." he gripped onto her hand, taking her towards an empty part of the room. Marlene observed from afar, biting back a smile.

The two pranced around, left and right, back and forth. Siobhán had no reason to be dancing to a song about money, but she couldn't help busting a move to the tune. Sirius Black was rich, handsome, cocky, but a good guy in the end. He had a reason to dance around. After all, he was a Black. Every firstborn male in the bloodline would inherit their fortune.

"Mars, come join." she lent out her hand, gazing into Marlene's eyes. She took a deep breath. The debate to either join or leave was a tough one. Their intimacy was something she could never have. To barge in would seem rather harsh. Something in the back of her mind fought with her. It told her to pick the answer she felt like she wanted to go with the most. She wanted to join along, but her hesitance denied any movement.

"Well, are you going to join?" Sirius asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes. She tilted her head left and right. Yes, this wasn't something to dwell on, but she couldn't help herself.