10

LEONARDO NOTT WAS PATIENTLY waiting for Siobhán Parten. He was tapping his fingers on his legs as he looked left and right. She still was nowhere in sight. He threw his head back against the wall. His patience was on the thinnest line, and at any moment it would snap. She was taking so long and it was angering him by the minute.

"Where are you?" he whispered while tapping his foot on the floor. He put a hand around his throat while rolling his tongue on the inside of his cheek.

"Leo!" she came running into the hallway breathlessly. He snapped his head toward her direction. She smoothly got onto the empty spot on the bench and breathed in deeply.

"Why were you running?" he asked as she ran a hand through her hair.

"I slept in today." she smiled sheepishly as he rolled his eyes. He grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the classroom next to them.

"Do we have to be in a classroom?" she glanced around the dusty room. He nodded and pulled out his wand to place charms on things.

"Colloportus." he swished his wand and the door locked instantly. Siobhán gazed at him warily.

"Is that necessary?" she inquired as he gazed at different objects around the room. He tugged on her jacket and set her on a seat.

"I'm being cautious for certain reasons," he whispered lowly. She closed her mouth as he glanced outside the window.

"Of course," she mumbled.

"Muffilato, " he muttered. She side-eyed him as he finally grabbed a chair and sat in front of her. He-man-spread on the chair, putting an arm behind the backrest and the other on his lap.

"I'll tell you why I took these measures of precautions." she scooted her chair nearer him. He cleared his throat.

"If we spoke outside on the bench someone could've heard." he licked his lips. "The information that was spoken could reach the wrong people. Furthermore, my father would hear of my acquaintances."

The room was filled with silence as Siobhán stared at the ground. Leonardo had his head thrown back against the backrest. He was gazing up at the ceiling.

"A soul won't hear about what will go down in this room," she asserted softly. He switched his gaze back to her. She fiddled with the hem of her leather jacket.

Siobhán was wearing a black leather jacket with a tight red sleeved shirt. Her skirt was black and her doctor martins were being dragged on the floor.

Leonardo was wearing a black shirt with a black coat that was near his hips. His pants were black with slight tears around the thighs and knees. His shoes were black with white accents. His hair was a wavy mess. Some of his hair was going left, and some other parts were going right. Overall, he was as polished as any sophisticated pureblood.

"Alright." he fixed his posture and tried to come up with words to speak. His mouth kept opening and closing. Siobhán found this amusing as he was getting aggravated by his faltering.

"My father is a grave deal of danger." he began. "I don't think you would understand how dangerous the outskirts are."

"The outskirts?" she raised an eyebrow. "What in the world is your father doing around the outskirts?"

Leonardo started breathing heavily thinking about who was causing the mayhem. He slowly glanced up at Siobhán who gave him a concerned expression.

"There's something vial appearing from the dark." he hesitated to speak more. "No one can stop him."

"What do you mean Leo?" she stammered. He clenched down on his jaw and stood up. Leonardo paced back and forth as he tried to let this off on her easily.