40

HOGSMEADE. A BUSTLING LITTLE TOWN roaming with free witches, wizards, and squibs. It was cozy, like a warm fire heating your hands. Homes were crooked, secrets unrevealed, and mysteries yet to be discovered. James Potter had his arms crossed against his chest, eyebrows furrowed. Siobhán Parten was running her fingers through his hair, smiling at his expression. He didn't like that she was doing this in public. They usually were intimate in private, but today was different. Everyone was here. Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Marlene, Mary, Alice, and Frank. They all decided to head out for the day, drink butter beers, and enjoy their relationships.

"Sirius keeps laughing," James grumbled, tapping his fingers against his forearm. Siobhán scrunched her nose, turning her head at him. "He wishes he had someone to run their fingers through his hair."

"Loverboy, you look adorable as you are," she reassured. He scoffed, pulling himself away from her grip. "Don't give me that look."

"Hogsmeade is supposed to be fun, but with eight other people—it's not that entertaining," he complained, gazing into her dark green eyes. She heaved out a sigh, enlacing her hand into his.

"If you want, we can go visit other shops by ourselves." she put forth, expression full of hope. "I'm sure they won't mind."

"Alright." he nodded. "Let's do it."

James and Siobhán walked towards the table, hand in hand. Frank and Alice sat on one side of the booth, Lily and Remus on the other, and Marlene and Mary next to them. Sirius and Peter were hanging onto the table as if it were their lifeline. They all glanced up at the couple, Sirius raising an eyebrow.

"Is the couple going somewhere?" he inquired teasingly. Siobhán rolled her eyes, gazing at James for support. He sent a death glare to Sirius, clearing his throat.

"Siobhán and I are going to roam around Hogsmeade," he announced, "If that's alright with you."

Alice smiled. "Of course, enjoy yourselves."

"Stay safe," Marlene informed. "There's been rumors of attacks from 'he who must not be named.' If anything happens, I entrust James to keep Siobhán safe."

"I'll protect her with my life," James promised, nodding at everyone sitting at the table. "We'll catch up with you guys later. Be careful!"

James dragged Siobhán outside the Three Broomsticks, breeze hitting their faces. The sky was gray, wind rippling their hair like leaves floating in the atmosphere. Something about this felt unsettling, serene even. But it didn't faze the two. They continued on their path to Honeydukes, glancing at each other in comfort.

"Something feels off," Siobhán muttered. James nodded his head, opening the door to Honeydukes. The last time she went to the candy store, it was packed. Today wasn't the case. It felt empty, off even. Honeydukes was supposed to a vibrant place for children who loved sweets, but it was all gloomy. The green and white tiles seemed dull, walls darker, and sweets not as colorful. She had a gut feeling to flee, but she wouldn't think about leaving James upset. He was her boyfriend, and he meant the world to her.

"Pick whatever you want," James said. He released her hand, signaling her to go in front of him. Siobhán gulped, plastering a smile. "It's on me."

"James, you don't have to." she made known. James chuckled, slyly putting an arm around her shoulder. "You know I can afford the few sweets I'll buy."

"I insist," he reassured. Siobhán heaved out a groan, rolling her eyes at his persistence. James kissed her cheek, letting her go from his grip. "Now, you want sugar quills?"