29

STARS WERE ALIGHT IN THE atmosphere as she gripped onto James Potters hair in the flurry moment of passion revealing itself between the two. Jealously, pain and upbringing were all brought into that one kiss. Anger, deception, and fear were threatening to unfold beneath the depths of their facade.

Referring to being in love with a person is a meaning greater than one could imagine. Confession is availed to make two people with shared infatuation come together and be prosperous. Siobhán Parten had given up on her sayings and depicted a place where James Potter and her would live happily.  Families would come together as the Potter's hosted dinners, planning every little detail to be perfect, as the highly respected household they were. 

Kissing under the stars seemed like a fairytale fantasy becoming a reality. She fell into his embrace like snow when the sun shined so brightly, melting the thin layer of glass. Her hands were still nuzzled on his neck as the two departed from their lips. Eyes glistened with new possibilities and hopefulness as their views locked onto each other, breaths heavy.

"What are we doing?" she whispered breathlessly. James shuddered at the realization of his yearning. He yearned for her. Her presence, her scent, and everlasting being. She was a hollow void in his heart that filled his senses with newfound hope. James let go of her body with a groan.

"I'm a fool," he whispered. "Incandescently a fool." he paced around, hands behind his back. Her lips turned down into a frown at the sight of his despair. She hadn't gotten the answer she hoped for. Siobháns' best bet was to hide away from the world and cease to exist. Her careless endeavors had gotten her to be embarrassed by an incident that wasn't her fault.

"Why did you kiss me?" she bitterly voiced. "Why kiss me if you're going to regret what you did?" her nails thrashed into the palm of her hand, forming crescent moons. His thoughts were hazy, not clear with what he was doing. 

"I don't regret it." his voice was low. She faltered as her expression became blank with unsuspected surprise. "I just don't think it's right for us to be doing this."

"Doing what?" her tone engulfed with tension. He glanced at the wooden benches in front of him, debating on the right words to say.  

"We left off on bad terms and kissing each other doesn't seem right," he muttered coldly. "Not after what happened between us."

Siobhán furrowed her eyebrows. "If we both like each other then what's holding us back?" her forehead creased the more her expression sunk. James pressed his lips into a thin line.

"This isn't how I planned for us to start our relationship." he tapped his finger against his rings as Siobhán spaced out into the oasis scattered with diamonds.

"Let's start over." she asserted. Her final verdict echoed across the stands as she firmly set her gaze on him. James hesitated to speak up on the matter. "I don't want any rejections. Not after that kiss you initiated."

James didn't want to set her off into some sort of depressive phase. Not one where he wouldn't be near her. He wanted to be apart of her future. Happiness, encouragement, and most of all love is what James wanted to give her. His eyes flickered to the floor and back at her.

"Fine."

She smiled in satisfaction. "You, James Potter, are now considered my friend again." her eyes crinkled as James rolled his eyes with a slight smirk. "Whether you like it or not; you're stuck with me."

"I know." he joked. "I know..."

—————————————

Remus Lupin had finished an extravagant picnic with Lily when Siobhán Parten showed up, grumbling under her breath. Lily was long gone from the vicinity, which he stayed back to clean up, as she plopped down on the grass. Her hands were gripping onto the grass in an ado of resentment. Remus heaved out a sigh as he grabbed the glass cups off the ground, placing them into the picnic basket.