9

THE MARAUDERS WERE ON THEIR beds talking about recent events. James was smiling like a humongous buffoon as he thought about Lily Evans hadn't lashed out at him. Sirius was talking about how horrible his mother was treating him at home.

"One day I'm going to leave my pathetic excuse of a family. That'll make me happy." he laid back on his bed. Remus sighed and laid back on his bed as well.

"Padfoot, what would be to come of your brother?" he turned to face him. Sirius rolled his eyes at the thought of Regulus.

"He and I are already so distant. I'd miss him greatly but I can't bear mother," he muttered a curse towards his family under his breath.

Remus got off his bed and walked over to Sirius. He sat next to him and rubbed his shoulders comfortingly. Sirius stretched out his neck in the process.

"Whatever makes you happy. Besides, we'll support you no matter what." Remus replied with a smile. "Right guys?" he glanced at the two other boys who were zoning out.

He pursed his lips into a thin line. Grabbing two pillows, he threw one at James and another at Peter. The pillows booked them both in the head.

"What was that for?" James yelled. Remus grinned innocently and turned over to Peter who was giving him a death stare.

"Right guys?" he asked once again.

"Yes." they all replied in unison.

Remus nodded satisfied and went back to his bed. James observed Sirius as he went back to lying on the mattress. He heaved out a sigh and grabbed a book off the dresser.

"Could someone turn on the vinyl player?" Peter groaned out. He was laying on his stomach writing an essay for Divination.

James rolled his eyes and stood up to play music on the vinyl player. He grabbed a vinyl and placed it where it was supposed to be. Grabbing the needle, the song started to play.

"Happy?" he said with a blunt tone. Peter smiled softly and rocked his head to the music.

"Have I told you guys what happened a couple of days ago?" he beamed enthusiastically.

"No. You haven't," replied Remus. James ran a hand through his hair while throwing his book to the side.

"Well, you're in for a treat." he went onto Remus's bed.

"Lily didn't lash out on me." James rejoiced and thew himself on Remus. Remus shoved him off with widened eyes. He shook his head at him.

"What does that have to do with anything?" he raised an eyebrow. James glared at him.

"It means she's warming up to me." he continued. "She didn't even throw my hand off her shoulder until I confessed Moony!"

He sat up and started gushing about how beautiful Lily Evans was and how he might actually have a chance. Moony rolled his eyes and shoved him off the bed. James hit the ground with a thud.

"Why do you lot always do this?!" he pulled on Remus's leg and dragged him down as well. Remus groaned out as he landed next to James.

"I advise you to not get so rowdy with me. Unless you want to get these scars that I have," he spoke trying to contain his laughter.

Peter laughed loudly at the thought of James with scars on his face.

"That certainly wouldn't suit James at all. Let's leave that to dear Moony to being handsome." Peter commented while scrunching his nose. James looked at him with a facade of hurt.