18

VALENTINE'S DAY HAD FINALLY ARRIVED at Hogwarts. Everyone in the common room was getting ready to head out to the Hogsmeade trip. Siobhán Parten was brushing her wet hair, detangling any knots that were made from the shower. Lily Evans was ready to head out the door as she was fully dressed and prepared. Marlene Mckinnon on the other hand was not going out anywhere. She couldn't bear the thought of seeing Leonardo Nott go on that trip with another girl.

Mary Mcdonald was doing Alice's hair for her date with Frank Longbottom. The two had been an unexpected couple that no one would've thought of. Lily glanced at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair slightly. She glanced down at Siobhán and opened her mouth to speak.

"So, I heard you're going to the Hogsmeade trip with Potter." she raised an eyebrow, putting her hair out of her face. Siobhán nodded.

"Indeed." she simply stated, putting a clip on both sides of her hair.

"Is it like a date?" inquired Lily. Siobhán shook her head quickly. She applied lipgloss onto her lips and turned over to Lily.

"Of course it isn't a date." she chimed in softly. "Anyways, how do I look?"

"It's Valentine's Day." Lily stared at her confused. "This day is supposed to be romantic."

Siobhán stood up and dusted off her mom jeans. She was wearing a white crop-top that had no sleeves and came around to the middle of her stomach. Her jeans were black, nothing really interesting about her jeans. A brown leather jacket was adorned over her shirt, rings scattering her hands. White sneakers were sported. Lily observed her neck, two necklaces could be seen from afar.

"You look wonderful, but tell me." Lily gripped onto her bag. "Are you sure this isn't some kind of date?"

Siobhán groaned, putting her hands on the edge of the dresser. Lily rolled her eyes and sat down on the bed.

"No," she muttered. "James and I are purely friends. Just because we're going together to the Hogsmeade trip doesn't mean anything."

Mary finished doing Alice's hair, backing away from her. Marlene just gazed at Siobhán and Lily who were about to have another argument.

"Fine, fine." Lily raised her hands in retreat, tilting her head in the process. "I'm not going to argue with you on Valentine's Day."

Standing up from the bed, she walked out the door. Siobhán gazed at her and let out a small groan. Alice just rolled her eyes and shifted towards her.

"Sib, don't think too much about it." Alice put a hand on her face and stood up. Mary nodded, following Alice out the door.

The only people in the dorm now were Marlene and Siobhán. Marlene had her head resting on her hands, observing Siobhán. She wanted to ask her a question that wouldn't be quite well for the manner.

"Siobhán," she asked. Siobhán hummed, turning her head over to her. "Has Leonardo Nott been seeing anyone lately?"

"No, not that I know of." she gazed around the dresser. Marlene laid back on her bed and sighed.

"Why do you ask?"

"I still like him," she mumbled. Siobhán put her hands on her hips and turned back around to Marlene.

"Mars, you know he's a pureblood." she grabbed the bridge of her nose. Pacing around, she opened her mouth once again to speak. "It's not a good situation for him right now."

Marlene furrowed her eyebrows, sitting up on her bed. "I don't think there's any problem if he's friends with you." she licked her lips. "Isn't it bad enough that you two are friends?" Siobhán frowned, offended by her words. "I suppose his father doesn't know about his acquaintances. So, why won't he just give me a chance?"