19

REGULUS BLACK WAS PACING AROUND the abandoned classroom back and forth. He didn't know how to let the news of his upbringing down on her. Regulus had heard his family talking about Lord Voldemort. His curiosity had gotten the best of him, so he decided to do some research on him. He was fascinated by how dark and vile he was. No remorse, no nothing.

Something about him wanted to join the death eaters. They were his army, and he would be apart of it someday. Admirable it certainly wasn't. There was just something chilling about the dark lord and his crimes that made Regulus want to go deeper.  He was determined to find out why the dark lord was so keen to erase muggles and half-bloods from this world. By any means, he would find out, and nothing would stop him. Till death do apart.

"Reggie?" Siobhán entered the classroom, closing the door behind her. Regulus gave her a small smile and pointed to a dusty seat. She walked towards the chair and sat down.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" she raised a question. He gulped and sat down on the chair in front of her.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." he clasped his hands, rubbing them together. "I just don't think you'll like it."

He laughed slightly. "I think you'll really hate it." he shook his head. She leaned back against her chair, putting her foot against the table leg.

"I doubt I will," she reassured. He opened his mouth to speak more.

"Have you ever heard about the dark lord?" he wavered to speak more. She gave him a short yes. "Well, I think I could learn about him and find a way to end his reign before it's too late."

"No." Siobhán's eyes widened. "No, no, no. You won't dare take that filthy mark." she shook her head, putting her hand on her forehead. "Reggie, I won't let you."

"I have to do this," he muttered. "With or without your consent." Siobhán glared at him, tears filling her eyes.

"I already have one friend who is taking the mark by force." her voice broke, a tear slipping out of her eye. "I can't let another go down that same path."

"To fathom my reasons would be something hard to explain." he tapped his nails together. "I just want you to comprehend that I could be doing something good for the Wizarding world."

"You could die." she wavered. "I can't bear that." she sniffed, trying to ease her tears. "Reggie, you've been so kind to me. I don't want to lose you." Siobhán gazed up at him. "I don't want to lose anyone that I care about."

Regulus sighed, standing up from his chair. He grabbed Siobhán up by the arm and hugged her tightly. She was shocked by the action but quickly hugged him back just as tight.

"I have to do this," he whispered into her hair. "Maybe I will die, but I'll be content with myself at that moment."

She glanced up at him, taking her head off his chest. Her green eyes gazed into his gray ones, he gave her a sincere look. Yet, his eyes were filled with sorrow.

"I promise you that I'll strive to make a difference." he let go of her, pacing around in circles once again. She gave him a small smile. Siobhán didn't want to seem upset with his wishes, but she couldn't help it. Things like this would always have a heavy fault on her.

"When do you plan on taking the mark?" she implored, putting strands of hair behind her ears. He put a finger on his chin. Regulus seemed deep in thought from her question.

"When I'm 16." he sat back down on the chair. His arm immediately went behind the backrest of the chair. She gazed at him blankly. Sixteen was way too soon. A year would go by way too fast, and sooner or later everything would go away. People would turn dark, the war would come over, and she would lose her faith in humanity.