Luca Balsa

[Modern Alternate Universe]

As a scientist and a researcher to one of the greatest inventors and architects, Burke, it has always been your duty to oversee the secret lab under the basement in his house. With the government's lack of care towards poor people, you have been tending to them with whatever you can provide. Be it water, food, or shelter, they saw you as their savior and were willing to do anything.

This is what Burke has been waiting for— an army of his own so he can overthrow the current government to make this country a better place to live in without any corrupted nor greedy officials. With the people he had helped, they were given proper education and training. Not only was his lab home for thousands of people and his crazy inventions, but it was also a training base. They were taught to handle daggers and guns in case of infiltration.

"(First Name)!" You hear your name being called out. You turn around to see your friend who is also a scientist, running towards you. "A new batch of people are coming in," Tracy says.

"And?" You raise a brow at her.

"Burke's expecting you to meet them." She answers.

You heave a sigh, setting your notes down your desk. "Might I ask what you're working on?" Tracy asks, her eyes peering at the documents. "Hey!" You flip the papers upside down, making sure Tracy doesn't see any of them. "Aww."She pouts. "Is it a top secret?"

"It's not for anyone to see yet. It's not fully developed and I need to find the remaining parts and test it."

"Okay, fine." Tracy didn't press on anymore and leaves you to attend to your new task. You made your way downstairs and see a group of people waiting for you. "(First Name)." A guard on duty greets, politely bowing.

"Are these all of them?" You ask, looking at the crowd. Naib hands you the list of data of the new people. Your hands skim through the file until a certain profile had gotten you curious. What was a child doing here?

"Luca? Luca Balsa?" You call and a little boy emerges from the crowd. "Yes, sister?" Sister... it's been so long since you last heard of that word as it brings back bad memories. "Don't call me your sister!"