Ganji Gupta (Christmas Special)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

[Modern Alternate Universe]

Beads of sweat trail down Ganji's face as he clutches on his bat tightly. He eyes the bowler with such an intense gaze, hoping that he could score 6 runs. Ganji's team and the opposite team had the same score of 9 runs each. It was Ganji's chance to turn the game around for the World Cup. His teammates believed in Ganji's capabilities and were sure that he would secure the win.

The bowler stares back at Ganji and smirks. "That's your girlfriend there?" He points at you sitting on the bleachers. "Yeah," Ganji replies. "Not after this game." He raises his eyebrow, making a flying kiss towards your direction. The bowler wanted to rile Ganji up and it worked. Ganji knew better not to get worked up about it since it would affect his performance, though he couldn't help but feel pressured. Ganji didn't reply to him anymore and focused on the game, adjusting his grip on the bat.

The bowler readied his stance, before throwing the ball towards Ganji. Ganji had his eyes focused on the ball and hit it out of the boundary, scoring the maximum number of runs! His teammates rush towards him and lifted him in the air. "Ganji! Ganji!" They cheered along with the audience who were supporting their team. Ganji's team won the Winter World Cup! They put Ganji down, received the trophy, and return to the changing rooms in the stadium. "Good job man!" One of his teammates smacks him on the back. "You did a good job too," Ganji says, giving his teammate a nod.

His teammate notice that he wasn't going to the changing room and asked him why. Ganji replied that he had matters to fix with the opposite team's bowler and told him to go ahead. As Ganji approaches the bowler, the bowler sees him and bows in respect. "Good game sir!"

"Do you understand why I made sure of my win?"

"No sir."

"Because my girlfriend is mine and only mine! Am I clear?"

"Y-Yes, sir!"

"Good. You may go." The bowler stumbles as he tries to grab all of his things and runs away. Ganji returns to the changing room as quickly as possible. He didn't want you to wait outside in such cold weather. As soon as he finished changing, he told his teammates that he was leaving and runs outside. He sees you and approaches you with large strides. You see him and start running towards him, hugging him. "Congratulations! You did well!" He returns your hug before tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "Thank you, babe," He presses a kiss onto your forehead. "Let's go."