Andrew Kreiss

warning: serious topic

[Modern Alternate Universe]

Growing up in a poor family was never easy. The income was never enough to cover expenses for food and housing, causing you to resort to eating leftover food or none at all. Your father, the breadwinner of the family, has been hardworking, always pushing himself to his limits just to provide you a life he dreamt you would have: a roof over your head, food in your tummy, but that all came crashing down when he fell sick and eventually passed away as you weren't able to afford the medicine to treat him.

Your mother, you ask? She left both you and your father for another man who had money to lavish her in jewels.

Alone at the age of eighteen, you had no one to rely on. You know how to do a few things: wash dishes, tidying up, but even with that, no stores would take and hire you as they require a high school graduate degree.

With your shoulders slumped, you lean onto the walls of a dark alley, tired of life in general. You close your eyes just to rest a little while and a few unpleasant memories came crashing, prompting you to think of something you would never have thought of doing.

You got up, slowly making your way to a familiar place as you always trudge by. The place was quiet, after all, it was a place no one would pass by for it was known to be a place where gangs would meet up.

Standing in the middle of the bridge, you take one last look at the scenery. "Still dull as usual." You let out a scoff before silently pouring out your feelings, tears endlessly flowing down your cheeks, staining your shirt.

After a few minutes of crying, you wipe your tears away, a bitter smile projected on your face. "It's time."

Slowly, you got up on the railing of the bridge. Taking a deep breath, you slowly countdown from three. Once you reach one, you clench your fist, ready to jump. And when you did, you knew something was wrong.

You were flung backward, landing onto the harsh floor. "Urgh." Someone groans, "A-Are you okay?"

You open your eyes, turning your head to the source of the voice. A man with blonde hair and pale skin came into view. "W-What?" You ask, confused.