Edgar Valden (Part One)

[Modern Alternate Universe]

Edgar is really a genius when it comes to painting. He uses different styles and techniques which made him the top of all painters. He was a well-known artist when he was young as people considered him to be a prodigy, drawing when he was three years old. You and Edgar were a couple. You had met each other at a university. You majored in [Major] while he majored in arts. He was first to approach you and wanted you to be his model for painting. At first, you thought he was a creep but he proved otherwise.

He painted so many paintings of you and always had the drive to draw more until the request for you to model slowly was getting lesser. You asked him about it but he only replied, "I'm busy with a new technique." Although you suspected that it wasn't the case, you still trusted him because he's your boyfriend.

One day, he had brought a girl back in the apartment that you both had shared and you didn't know about it. Once you got home, you noticed how happy he was and hugged you. "Come! Let me show you my painting!" He brought you to his room and showed you his artwork. It was a painting of an almost naked woman posing on the couch. "W-what is this?" You question him. "It's my latest artwork. Don't you like it?" You knew that Edgar only draws real-life people and so you asked him, "Was there a girl here?" Edgar shook his head. "Of course! She's my new model."

This made your heart hurt although he had approached you in the beginning to be his model. "But—" You were cut off by his statement. "No buts! Don't be jealous. I don't have feelings for her but you." He assures you yet you didn't feel at ease. This kept repeating for a few days and his room was filled with portraits of her. One day, Edgar was out and you had brought your best friend, Vera, into your shared apartment. "Who's this (First Name)?"

"Oh, that's his new model."

"Weren't you his model?"

"Oh... he changed to a new one recently."

Vera noticed how sad you sound and looked at you worriedly. "Does he still love you?" Vera asks. "That... I don't know." You cried. You couldn't hold back the tears any longer. "That prick!" Vera was fuming with anger. Although you were a couple, you both shared different rooms. You couldn't even eat lunch with him as he would always stay behind to finish his painting. By the time he would eat lunch, it was already dinner time. It wasn't like that when you first became a couple. He would do everything with you and bring you out to dates even if his schedule was packed.

Vera found a suitcase inside your room and started packing some necessities inside. "I have a plan. Do you trust me?" Vera asks you sternly. "A hundred percent." You whisper and looked at the ring on your right ring finger. "Start moving your things in my house little by little. See if he notices. If he doesn't, I think you should dump him." You nodded at her plan. "I'll try my best."

Each day would pass and you and Edgar haven't talked to each other although you saw each other. He had brought the girl inside the house and she was sitting in the living room. You mustered up the courage to talk to the girl. "Do you want some water?"

"Yes please."

You poured her some water and placed it in front of her. "Demi, it's time to paint," Edgar calls from his room. "Thank you." She takes the glass of water with her. You felt scared of knowing nothing about what's going on in that room. Although you wanted to trust him, it was also scary to do so. You decided that would leave tonight and head to Vera's house. As night was coming, you had to check your room for other things to bring but there was no belonging of yours left in the room. Oh, you almost forgot. You took off the ring and placed it on the table beside the bed. You wrote a mini letter saying that you were leaving and won't be coming back.

You noticed that it was already nine in the evening and decided to leave. As you exit your room, you notice that he was standing in the middle of the room. He noticed your outfit and asked, "Where are you going?"

"I'll be heading to a friend's house."

"Will you be coming back later?"

You hesitated and replied, "I don't know." Edgar came close and gave you a hug. "Don't be out too late." You could feel tears almost falling from your eyes but you held it in. "Yeah." You wiggled out of his embrace and walked out of the door. You took one last glance and he waved at you. You smiled before you close the door and let your tears run freely. "I'm sorry."

Requests are open!

Requests are open!