Wu Chang (Part One)

[Modern Alternate Universe]

Born in a village, you grew up in the loving arms of your grandparents. Your mother had passed away from childbirth and your father, who was working hard to financially support your family, passed away from an accident on the construction site when you were seven. With no parents to take care of you, your grandparents showered you with love, and despite their old age, they provided you with whatever they can.

You grew up to be a fine woman, one that made many families in the village gush to their son and because of this, your grandparents were proud of you. Humble, poised, you were the definition of a perfect wife. You knew how to cook, sew, and many were chasing after you whether it was their parents telling them to do so or they were smitten by you.

"(First Name), dear, please fetch grandpa his glasses." Your grandmother says and you follow. With the glasses in your hands, you gently place them on your grandfather's face. "Thank you, dear." Your grandfather smiles, his arm raised to give you a gentle caress on the face. He heaves a sigh before asking, "My dear, you aren't so young anymore. When will you find a husband and settle down?"

"Grandpa, I'm still 20." You laugh, hand caressing over his.

"Well, grandpa isn't getting younger. Your grandma too."

"Grandpa, I—" You were cut off by someone knocking on the door. Your grandfather raises his body to get the door but you stop him, gently pushing him back onto the chair. "I'll go get it."

You walk towards the door and when you open it, you were greeted by three men. All three wore black suits and shades. "Are you (First Name) (Last Name)?"

"Y-Yes. May I help you?"

"Grab her."

The two beside him came over to you, grabbing your arms. "H-Huh? What are you doing? Let go of me!"

"(First Name), dear?" Your grandmother appears, checking up on you. She gasps, dropping the spatula she had at hand. "Unhand my granddaughter right now!"