Luca Balsa

[Modern Alternate Universe]

Today's a beautiful day, you note, looking outside the window. You awoke to the soft chirping of the birds outside and you notice that there were two birds, reminding you today indeed is an important date— Valentine's day. You couldn't contain your excitement and bounce off, skipping your way downstairs to eat breakfast.

On the dining table, you see a small note that says: "I'll be out for the day. I'll be in the lab with my partners. Don't make me lunch. See ya later, babe!" On the bottom of the note, it has Luca's name along with a heart. You smile as your eyes trace over the last few words, another reminder of yesterday's event where he had told you he'll be taking you out today as it is Valentine's.

After eating breakfast, you busy yourself with your clothing selection. Trying on outfit after outfit, you shake your head in disapproval. You want to dress up pretty for Luca but you feel like your clothes weren't good enough so you decided to go shopping.

You enter several stores as no clothing had caught your eye. But as you were about to give up, you saw a pretty blue dress, the shade almost matching the denim pants that Luca wears when he goes to the lab. Once you tried it on, you eye yourself in the mirror and smile in satisfaction. The dress hugged your figure nicely and showed a decent amount of skin. You wonder what Luca's reaction would be. Surprised? Happy? You don't know.

By the time you purchase the dress, it was already 1:30 in the afternoon. You quickly return home, ate a late lunch, and prepared everything to go along with your outfit. You have selected a nice pair of diamond earrings that Luca had gifted you for your first anniversary and a small silver purse to put in your necessities. Oh, how could you almost forget! You return to your closet and pick up a pair of black heels. It was about two inches tall, giving you a little bit more height. Then you start to apply makeup to your face, starting with the primer and ending with light red lipstick. Glancing over the clock, four hours have passed, and you decide to head first to the fancy restaurant.

"Good evening, my lady. To dine in or do you have a reservation?" A waiter with the name tag 'Eli Clark' asks.

"Is there a reservation with the name of Luca?"