Antonio

[Modern Alternate Universe]

You have performed a lot of times on stage. As an opera singer, it is your pride that you showcase your skills perfectly although a lot of people had been shifting their music preferences from opera to pop or rock. When you were small, your mother would always spend two hours to practice your voice. When you were twelve, you had won your first ever contest which made a lot of music companies scout you. Although you rejected most of them, they were still persistent.

You decided to go with the music company with talented violinists. You had admired the sound of the violin ever since you were young although you never got the chance to play it. That's where you met Antonio. He would let you play his expensive violin although you didn't know how to play it. He patiently taught you and you were able to play twinkle twinkle little star. "Say, when become famous, will you ever part from me?" Antonio asks. "I will never!" You didn't hesitate to say those words. Antonio released a relieved sigh. "Promise me?" He brings his pinky out and you laced it together with yours. "Promise."

When the music company had found out that you both were close, they decided to let you both perform together. You both have captivated a lot of people in your music. Many had praised your talent and you have received offers if you wanted to go solo. Although being a soloist can grant you more fame and money, you didn't want to part with Antonio, after all, you had promised him.

The next day, you were rehearsing with Antonio. "Miss (First Name)!" Your manager ran to you. "Congratulations!" She exclaims. You look at her weirdly and asked why. She shoves the newspaper in your hands. "Read the headline!"

Miss (First Name) (Last Name), a renowned soloist with a superb singing talent!

You were confused as you had never accepted the offer to go solo. "What's up?" Antonio read the headline from the newspaper and felt betrayed. You could see his hurt expression. He turned away from you and left the stage. "Antonio, wait!" You chased after him but he walked faster. "Please wait!" You tried your best to lessen the distance between you both but to no use, you couldn't reach him. You felt angry and sad at the same time. You could only think that the music company had made the decision for you although you had rejected the offer to go solo.

You went to find the CEO and he had welcomed you in his office. "What may I do for you Miss (First Name)?"

"Why am I going solo?"

"Of course, your mother has accepted the offer."

"What?"

"You didn't know?"

"My mother did this?"

"Yes, she came to my office yesterday to sign the offer."

You felt betrayed by your own mom. How could she do this to you? You stormed out of the office to return home. "Mother!" You call her out as soon as you arrived home. "Yes, darling?" She peeks from the kitchen. "Why did you sign the offer?" She looks at you sadly. "I have no choice, honey." You couldn't believe that it was really your mother who had done it. "Why?" You ask. "Your father gambled a lot of money and went into debt."

"I'm so sorry flower." Your dad appeared from the living room. You couldn't hold back your tears. "I am sorry my daughter. I'm really indebted to you." Your dad wipes away your tears. You felt like your whole world was crashing. Your relationship with Antonio has been destroyed by your father. "If I pay all your debts, don't ever appear in front of me ever again!" You left the house and bought an apartment. Although you felt bad that you had screamed that towards your father, you couldn't have felt better if you had kept it in.

For months, you have been earning twice the amount. You could still see Antonio every day as you both still work in the same music company. Although you wanted to tell Antonio the truth, he wouldn't even mind your presence. He would reject offers to have a collaboration with you. You still felt hurt but you still continued on. A year of working as a soloist, you have gained millions and paid off your father's debt. As soon as you paid it off, you have announced that you would retire. Many opposed to this but you lied, saying that you were tired of music and so they respected your decision.

The moment Antonio had heard this, he couldn't believe it. He knew you had the same passion for music as he does. When he went to find you, you were nowhere to be found. He had contacted your parents and even your manager but all of them knew nothing about your whereabouts. He felt bad as he had ignored you for a year and few months yet you had completely disappeared before he could even apologize.

 He felt bad as he had ignored you for a year and few months yet you had completely disappeared before he could even apologize

Requests are open!