Five:

Bri
June 11
5:00 pm

"She's been here all week kay" I whispered into the phone, talking to karma about my momma. She laughed

"Doing what?"

"She literally deep cleansed this entire house. My house smells like pine sol, bleach and incense"

"She lit incense too?"

"Girl yes! And I can't take this nomore. She scaring jr and you know jr ain scared of shit.. and shy just comes straight home from work, takes a shower and goes to bed. Don't say shit to nobody"

"He hate your mom that bad?"

"That's how much they both hate each other kay"

"Damn"

"Brionna" I heard my name being called from the living room and I sighed

"Ima talk to you later"

"Alright, have fun" she laughed and I sucked my teeth before hanging up. I stood up off of the bed and left the bedroom going into the living room seeing jr on the couch while my momma lit sage and I looked at her crazy

"WHAT are you doing?"

"Finishing up the cleansing" she casually answered

"Cleansing of what?"

"The negativity and bad spirits in this house"

"Ma, whatchu talkin bout"

"You might be okay with living in this kind of negative environment but my innocent grandson is not about to be drained because of your choices"

"My choices? And if anything jr is far from innocent"

"If that's the case it's still not his fault. He couldn't choose his genetic makeup"

I rolled my eyes knowing she was throwing shade at me being with shy

"What do you have so bad against shy?"

"Where should I start? Other than the fact that he treats you like shit.. he's a lousy father, a sorry excuse for a man-"

I rose my eyebrow "ima go ahead and stop you right there. No shy is not the best, but I'm not about to let you do that to him"

"Do what? Point out the fact that he's almost never with his son? That boy ran the streets behind his sorry ass friends while you played housewife without a damn ring like a nut.. and let's not forget how he managed to get himself locked up practically your entire pregnancy. He just barely got out in time to see jr be born"

"And you remind him of that every single time you see him then wonders why he don't wanna be around you. He made mistakes... a lot of em but what human is perfect? And he is with his son, a lot but you don't know that because you don't live here. But he also has to work and pay bills and I let him go have fun with his friends because I know when he's gone I can let jr do him and I have my moment of peace. The moment I couldn't have all week because you popped up with all this cleansing shit"

"Well if you felt like that then why didn't you say something"

"I have been ALL week but you don't listen or care"

She just nonchalantly shrugged "if you want me to leave then just say that"

"I want you to leave"

"Fine then.. I'll leave... Sunday morning but in the mean time come help me in the kitchen with dinner"

My eyes followed her as she walked off to the kitchen and then I looked over at the chair seeing jr sitting there watching tv with a plate in his lap