Sixty Four:

(Not a long chapter)

Karma
April 16
1:01 pm

"You gone leave the ribbons loose like that?" I asked Benji while I spoke to him on FaceTime, watching him do kinsley's hair

"No. I know what I'm doing. Why you worried bout what we doing anyways?"

"I'm just tryina make sure you doing my daughter hair right"

Benji picked up the camera and put it on kinsley who was watching something on the tablet, most likely word party

"Tell yo momma bye"

Kinsley waved bye

"Well bye then. Shit" I rolled my eyes and benji laughed while I hung up the phone then looked at Meechie, who I came to target with "You see, that's how they act when they get a girl"

"That's why I'm good off a daughter" Meechie shook his head

"You'on wanna girl?"

"I mean.. I won't mind havin one. But I know for a fact I want me a son. A lil mini me"

"You really think the world needs another you?"

Meechie smiled while running his hand down his chest "y'all can't ever get enough of me"

I laughed as I rolled my eyes

"You so damn conceited.. but I could see y'all with a boy lowkey. Most definitely you. When y'all find out what the baby is?"

"Next week"

"I'm so ready to find out what it is. I know you ready"

"I am" he nodded "I'm ready for this damn baby to come period. My ass already brought all this shit, we got everything but the damn baby"

I couldn't help but smile looking at Meechie

"I'm ready to see uncle meesh in daddy mode!"

"I would say you sound like ari but Ari ass be on a wholeee different level when it come to that daddy shit"

I laughed "leave her alone. Pregnant women have needs too"

"I know. And she be needing a lot. All the damn time. I ain even bout to lie to you, I had more sex in the past month alone than I EVER had in my fuckin life. And apart of me be enjoying the shit, but then again I be like damn Ari, you ain tired yet"

"See, me and benji couldn't do all of that. With Hendrix.. we had a good bit of sex but when I was pregnant with them twins... especially when we came back home from after the lil trip and shit, I ain even wanted him looking at me too hard."

"Cause you was still mad bout them twins"

"Yeah! Cause where the hell two come from? I was so big, everything was hurting, I was aggravated"

"Cause you was fat as hell"

I stuck my middle finger up at Meechie as we turned down one of the isles and ran right into Dr Johnson. Before I could do anything he looked over at me, seeming surprised to see me

"Karma. Hey!"

Meechie looked at him with his eyebrow raised

"I'm guessing you're the husband" he added

"This is my brother actually" I told him and he smiled

"Nice to meet you then"

"And who the hell you is?" Meechie asked making me close my eyes and let out a breath before looking over at him

"One of my bosses"

"Mhhh" he muttered while looking dr Johnson up and down

"So, I'll see you Monday?"

"Sure" I replied while he walked off and Meechie's eyes followed him until he was gone out of sight

"You can't be cursing at my bosses like that. You gone get me fired" I jokingly hit him and he chuckled

"So. You can go help Ari. That's what bri said she gone do... plus I know how he is"

"What?"

"Don't what me. I seen how that nigga was looking at you. And I know you all nice and shit and You'on wanna get nobody hurt but you better warn yo BOSS. We don't play that. Especially Benji"

"I know Meechie. And I most definitely make it known"

"Oh so I'm not trippin"

"No. But I just don't wanna have to deal with all of that extra stuff I know that's gonna happen if I tell benji cause you know how he is. But I feel like he was tryina come at me the other day at work and that shit wasn't cool"

"Honestly Kay, you know benji.. so you know if ol boy really start getting carried away or somebody start talkin and it get back to benji he gone be even more pissed than he'd be if you just let him know now. And the first thing he gone say is you should've told him from the beginning"

"You right.."

"I know I am"

"Whatever" I looked at some of the hair products and for some reason it reminded me of mj "that's who I need to call" I said out loud and Meechie looked at me

"Who?"

"Mj"

"Oh. I know she been at the hospital with lani for the past two days"

"What's wrong with lani"

"She had the baby"

"... oh. Well how how is she? And the baby?"

"The baby's name is Kaleia or something like that and I was told they good. But I think she'll be better if she hear from her sister"

"We not gonna talk about this right now" I told him as I started to walk off and he grabbed me by my hair pulling me back

"Don't walk off from me witcho big headed ass.. I swear y'all act just alike"

"No we don't"

"Yes y'all do... kay I know lani was wrong but all jokes aside she really do need you and just for that reason"

"Meechie that girl was disrespectful"

"Yeah and she admitted it"

"To who?"

"To me. But you know she stubborn as hell to say it to anybody else"

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled, throwing his arm across my shoulders "come on kay. Life is too short and You'on wanna regret not making up with her if something ever happen to either one of y'all. And scooter lame, controlling ass getting what he want cause he wanna get lani to his self so he can stay in control knowing she ain gone have nobody else to go to if she try to leave him"

"And lani listening to scooter"

"Cause she tryina convince her damn self what she love that nigga. That's why she going so hard"

I crossed my arms while looking at the stuff and then over at Meechie again

"I don't like you. You know that right?"

"I love you too kay. It's Ight. I know I'm always right"

"Too bad you not right though" I told him as I walked occ and he followed behind me laughing