Ten:

Arielle
June 18
7:50 pm

"That whole baby shower was a mess babe I'm telling you" I told Meechie while laughing as I straddled his lap while he laid in the bed, explaining to him about this baby shower I had to cater this afternoon that a group of coworkers had for one of their girls.

"So I guess the girl didn't know about the baby shower so you know, she was excited and surprised and she was like she was gonna FaceTime her boyfriend so he could see what they did for her. Well not even five minutes into the shit, she was still on FaceTime with him so he could I guess feel like he was there and the coworker that actually planned the whole thing walked over to her and saw him in the phone so she started flipping out. Tell me why the boyfriend was also married to the coworker's sister"

"Ohhh shitttt" Meechie started laughing "what she did?"

"She called her sister, her sister showed up and confronted the girl. The boyfriend came to defend the girl away from the coworker and her sister and it led to the boyfriend and the sister fighting and both of em got arrested on the spot. Afterwards the girl was embarrassed and I asked her was she good, she said no cause she didn't even know he was married and they been together for a year and he just told her he was a single father, brought the kids around her and everything"

"That's fucked up"

"I felt so bad because you could tell she didn't know. And she also said she was gonna quit because all of that didn't have to happen in front of all them people. Which I agree with cause she could've just handled that shit outside of the place but no, people like to cause scenes"

"Let her work for you" Meechie chuckled and I shook my head

"Hell no. For us to be at an event and that wife pop up out of the blue tryina fight and next thing you know my reputation is ruined just that fast. She seems like a nice girl but I worked too hard to get to where I am now for anything to mess me up. Cause my next step is opening my own restaurant and I don't need anything to get in the way of that"

"Look at you. My lil entrepreneur" Meechie said with a cheesy grin making me laugh before kissing him "you still coming wimme tomorrow?"

"Yeah.. but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I'm not nervous"

"Nervous for what? You act just like my ass when you actually comfortable around people so you'll be good when you get comfortable. It'll be good to have somebody help me carry that friend group cause my back starting to hurt from doing it by myself all these years"

"No, that's that arthritis witcho old ass"

"I ain even gone argue witchu and you gotta wear glasses like that. Fuckin binoculars"

I frowned while taking off my glasses, looking at them then put them back on, hitting him and he laughed

"Fuck you. I have to wear these when I don't have my contacts in"

"And you can't even see but you tryina come for me"

I grabbed the pillow and hit him in the face with it before moving off of him and got off of the bed, laughing while I walked out of the room. I had cupcakes sitting out that were cooling for a last minute order somebody put in that they needed in the morning. When I realized they were now cool, I grabbed a piping bag and the icing then filled it so I could ice the cupcakes. Meechie walked into the kitchen and sat on the barstool across from me while I iced the first cupcake then handed it to him

"Taste that. It's a chocolate salted caramel cupcake" I told him while I started the rested of them "it must not be nasty cause ion hear you talkin shit"