Sixty Eight:

Milani
April 23
10:04 am

"Hey babygirl" I smiled at Kaleia while she laid in her swing quietly looking at me as I folded some of clothes of mine

After mj left yesterday me and scooter didn't talk. He just kept his distance and I kept mine however, he did help out with Kaleia last night

I continued to fold clothes for a while until I heard a knock on the door

"It's open" I yelled, just knowing it was mj being that she told me she was coming over but to my surprise it wasn't. Benji walked in the door

"Listen.." he started as he walked over to the chair "I ain here to argue or none of that. We grown so we bout to have a grown ass conversation"

He sat down on the chair, looking at Kaleia then looked at me

"Congratulations"

"Thank you"

He sat back in the chair comfortably before talking

"Now I ain come over here to talk about you and Kay or none of that shit cause Kay made up her mind on her own about how she feel and I can't control that.. but I've known you for hella year Milani.. a LONG ass time so I'm tryina figure out what yo problem is"

As soon as I opened my mouth to speak he cut me off

"And don't say it ain no problem"

"Look. I've admitted that I was wrong. I was trippin about certain stuff but at this point it is what it is"

"Ight. Cool" he nodded "well ima tell you what my issue is. Now that whole bri situation and shit. I really ain feel no type of way about that because that ain had shit to do me and shy handled that because bri his girl. And I had already told Kay when she was tellin me you felt some type of way that's she need to talk to you and let you know what was up so it would've be none of this that's going on now. And yo nigga, I just don't fuck with. Now when it came to you and Kay fallin out I wasn't trippin to much cause I figured it was just gone be some petty shit like always until I was told you told Kay she wasn't allowed to be around yo daughter and shit and that yo nigga was going round talkin shit bout my baby. And you already know ion play that when it come to Kay"

"Well in my defense I never heard anything about him going around talkin shit about Kay. I don't even go with scooter when he be going out and doing stuff"

"Ight cool, but still. You and Kay problems is you and Kay problems and ion try to get involved and I most definitely don't go around talkin shit bout you to nobody so the fact that this nigga running his mouth bout my lady over some petty sister drama.... now I gotta problem"

"Well ima talk to him bout that cause I didn't know"

"Nah. Fuck that and fuck him" he just bluntly said "I just really wanna know what the hell goin witchu"

"Why does it matter? Apparently I'm always wrong for having feelings about shit"

"Nah. You ain wrong for having feelings. You just wrong with the way you goin bout expressing em. And yeah we all guilty of doing that shit but Lani you been wildin out"

Kaleia started to cry so I moved the clothes over and picked her up

"I understand that and I know I was wrong but my thing is everybody kept tryina make it seem like I was bitter and jealous. And yeah when it comes to the bri situation.. I know bri and Kay had a lot more in common that caused them to be so close but am I wrong because I felt like I was losing my sister to her friend"

"You ain wrong for feeling like that. But instead of bringing that up to her, you decided to go get married and tell mj then keep it from Kay. And yeah y'all made up after that but that wasn't where it stopped. Shady ass comments, that big ass fight that started on the twins birthday that caused bri to have her baby early cause not only was she dealing with that but she had a whole lot of other shit going on which was why Kay was tryina tell you to chill off of bri"

"Well I didn't know she had other stuff going on"

"Well she did. And then after that you let this nigga start talkin you into cutting yo sister off cause he has a problem"

I held Kaleia against me while I patted her back as she started getting quiet

"And yeah kay ain letting up easy on you like I told her she was but honestly can you blame her?" he shrugged "a lot of people do Kay wrong but you... Kay thought so highly of you and she just knew y'all wasn't gone ever get to no shit like this. All this time y'all spent bonding. Both of y'all helping each other out so can't neither one of y'all say y'all did more for one than the other. You was there for Hendrix, kinsley and Kyran, she went through that whole bridezilla shit with you right there and in her eyes you switched up on her over something as simple as a nigga. And what made the shit worse was what you said to Dena"

"I cleared it up with her and apologized. What I mean and what is said were two completely different things. I should've worded it different but all I was tryina say was that she didn't experience the physical part of pregnancy."

"Oh so you really is going on a damn apology spree"

"No-. I mean.. I'm just tryina have a clear conscience"

"You dying or some?"

I sucked my teeth "no"

"Well. Ima be real witchu.. I'm not gone beg Kay to try to talk to you or nothing because that's not my place. She made her decision about where she stood witchu on her own and I told her I was gone step back cause ion wanted nobody saying I'm putting shit in her head. But I'll bring it up to her that she should try to talk to you cause apparently it's shut both of y'all need to get off y'all chest. No filters, nobody else around just y'all two. If y'all talk it out then y'all do that and if it lead to fighting.. well shit. But ima bring it up once. If she decide she wanna talk she'll do that. She might come around to it or she might feel like she need time still. That'll be her decision"

I nodded, looking down at Kaleia and realized she was now asleep.

"Well like you said, she'll talk when she ready"

"Yeah but in the meantime you need to chill Forreal. Cause you know one thing about me is I hold on tight to the ones close to me and me and you was close so yeah the shit hurt a lil. Plus you know Hendrix out of all of em loved his aunt the most"

"And I didn't even check on him when he broke his arm"

"You didn't. But it's all good. He straight"

I nodded "well that's good to know"

Benji stood up while looking at me "get it together Milani.. and I ain just talkin bout Kay nomore"

"Whatchu talkin bout then?"

Benji gave me a play stupid look while he dug into his pockets, pulling out his keys "do what's best for lani AND THE BABY at this point. Not just what lani think is okay"

"I hear you" I muttered and he looked at me again before leaving