Seventy One:

Karma

I looked at Milani waiting for her to say what she had to say

"Can we talk" she finally spoke and the first thing I did was look back at Benji

Looking past him I saw Hendrix carefully making his was downstairs causing benji to look too so he went and helped him the rest of the way down. Once Hendrix reached the bottom he saw Milani and his eyes lit up like it was Christmas Day

"Titi!" He yelled, running right up to her and hugged her like he hasn't seen her in forever. Which he actually has not

"Come on Hendrix" Benji called for him and he continued to hug lani before eventually letting go "you can talk to her later"

I eyed him as Hendrix went into the living room and he shrugged before going into the living room as well. I looked at Milani and let out a breath before stepping outside, closing the door behind me and crossed my arms.

"Listen" she started talking "I know the last time we spoke, it want good"

"When you tried to justify you disrespecting my momma"

"It wasn't supposed to come out like it did and I apologized to her about it"

"And that's supposed to make me feel better? Milani you don't realize the shit that you did"

"Yes, I did some fucked up stuff but let's be forreal Kay. Was it this bad for us to fall out like this?"

"We fell out because of you. All of this, is because of you"

"How?"

"You really wanna get into it?"

"Let's get into it"

"First of all, you started off with an attitude towards me because you felt some type of way about me and Bri being close"

"Yes I did. And we discussed that"

"Yet you still managed to have a problem with Bri and shy becauseeee?"

"I just felt like it was some undercover beef or something because she acted like she ain like me or something but I spoke to her about that and apologized"

"You speaking and apologizing to everybody" I laughed "you must be dying or some"

"I'm just tryina do what's right karma"

I uncrossed my arms and put one of my hands on my hip

"And you also was doing what you felt was right when you cut me off and all this other shit because SCOOTER obviously had some kinda problem"

"That's my husband what else am I supposed to do? If it was you and benji you telling me you wouldn't have done the same"

"No! Because first of all he would've NEVER tell me to cut my sister off. And this is the SECOND time I been played by one of my sisters because of a nigga"

"Yet you wasted no time forgiving London and she was just as bad"

I exasperated, rubbing my forehead before sitting down on the steps

"Yes, London did me just as bad and yes I did forgive her. But first of all what y'all see is all y'all know. Me and London did not become the best of friends or none of that. We became cordial for the sake of our kids because we already started forming bonds. It's been 3 going on 4 years since that happened and me and London STILL not that close. We talk, yeah. But that's all y'all see. And the difference between you and London is the fact that I've known you way longer than I've known London! Milani me and you were close as hell, best friends basically and we been through a lot. So for you to just switch up like that over lame ass scooter.... and you think ima just let that slide? No!" I shook my head

"Well I can't keep apologizing Kay"

"Don't! It's not about apologizing and honestly, sorry is the last thing I wanna hear from another damn person. I've been done wrong too many time and let a simple sorry fix it just to be hurt again! Accountability. Learn. Accept the consequences that come with whatever you did because you never know what the outcome is gonna be. You never know when people reach their breaking point and just say fuck everybody. And I'm not talking about just you because I'm not perfect either. But Milani, you can't just do the shit that you did and expect me to be oh so cool whenever you ready to be."

"And I understand. But it's just a lack of communication and just straight emotions bring in the way of shit. And it's been like that the whole time"

"It has been. And I guess we all gotta work in that because we all been guilty of it" I truthfully said "and I'm not gonna sit here and act like I don't miss you because we are sisters and like I said, we've been through a lot together. But at the end of the day. I gotta look after myself before anything. And the way you cut me off basically without any decent explanation why, that wasn't cool at all. And honestly, dealing with this petty ass shit has been the absolute last thing on my mind over the past few months."

"Well like you said, sorry don't fix nothing but all I can say is over the past few months I've learned and I'm still learning"

"And I've been learning over the past few months too. Actually the past year be testing me" I said as I finally ACTUALLY looked at her.

I couldn't even sit here and lie like her she didn't look good. Lani got a lot thicker and it suited her really well. The only thing is I could tell that she was exhausted based on the bags under her eyes

"Being a mother ain easy is it?"

" Nope. Especially when you been doing it alone" she muttered the last part. I stretched my legs out

"Where's scooter?"

Milani shrugged "he moved out over a month ago"

"And he don't get his child?"

"On weekends, but my momma been staying with me the past few weeks and been helping"

I looked at her and she already knew what I was thinking

"Shes clean. She got out rehab right before she came to stay with me. She gotta overnight job at a hotel so she can watch the baby while I'm at work during the day. She goes to church now and she looks healthy now"

"Good" I nodded while standing up, brushing the dirt off of my butt from the steps "I'm happy for her"

I looked at her again and sighed "honestly Milani, I don't know about nothing right now. But I do know no matter what, you're my sister and I will always love you. Just, let me get myself together and think because right now like I said, I don't know where to go from here"

"Okay" she simply responded as I opened the door and peeped in

"Hendrix" I called out his name and he wasted no time running to the door. "Ima let y'all finish bonding now" I told them while going in the house, leaving the door open for lani to come back in

I went back into the living room and benji walked up to me, hugging me

"You look like you need a hug"

"Go to hell"

"I'm proud of you"

"Mhmm. I bet you are" I replied as he kissed me