Twenty Six:

Karma
August 25
10:19 am

"Which one sounds better? Alfredo or lasagna?" Destiny asked me while I focused on my phone

"Alfredo" I mumbled

"Forreal? You seem like the type to say lasagna"

"I would've two years ago but after I was out on blast about how I don't know how to make a lasagna correctly I just said fuck it period"

She laughed and I finally looked up from my phone, over at her

"What age did you start putting Mia in daycare and stuff?" I asked her, referring to her now 5 year old daughter

"She started daycare at 1" she answered and I sucked my teeth

"So I should've been had Hendrix in daycare or something?"

"No. Not necessarily Kay. If mia's daddy was some good or if I had some help trust me, she wouldn't have been going but you got the help and shit"

"I'm just looking at these preschools cause i want him to be able to interact with more kids around his age"

"How old is Hendrix? 2 right?"

"Yeah. He'll be 3 in two days" I sighed and sat my phone down on the desk

"Forreal? Damn he getting big. I remember when you first started here and you was still pregnant with him"

"I knowww. Now he walks, talks, and gets on my nerves just as much as his daddy"

"Dont do him. He's always so sweet when you used to bring him up here"

"Cause he can put on a good front"

She shook her head laughing and Angel walked over to us prompting me to roll my eyes and grab my phone again

"Look I ain came over here to start no shit. I just wanted to talk to you"

"We don't have nothing to talk about Angel"

"So you not liking me for no reason ain something to talk about?"

I looked at her some type of way and Destiny cleared her throat

"Kay ima talk to you later. Lemme go see if any of the doctors need help" she told me before walking off

"Look, we work in the same place so we see each other everyday so it shouldn't be a reason why we can't be cordial"

"You and Benji gotta secret child or something I need to know about?" I asked her which made her look at me confused "because you saying we should be cordial like you have a reason to be cordial with me. Yes we work in the same place but that don't mean we gotta speak. You focus on your job and I'll focus on mine and then it shouldn't be a reason for us to speak to each other"

"See you so hostile for what karma? You that upset I used to fuck with your HusBaNd?"

"When I say this I mean it in the most humble way possible... babygirl you don't intimidate me and you ever messing with him don't upset me at all because he ain went nowhere since he first met me and he ain going nowhere at all. Now I ain had a problem witchu at first because one thing I'm not is insecure but you kept tryin me with the smart ass comments and you adding yo input in my business when you don't know shit about me or my family business. I honestly don't care for you or care about you and like I said before, you do your job and I do mine cause we really ain got no reason to speak"

"Girl" she threw her hand up "you got some growing up to do. Tryina be down so bad. Just cause you taking hood nigga dick don't mean you from the hood"