Thirty Seven:

Karma
December 1
12:11 pm

"Look at Auntie's pretty girl! Happy one week" I smiled while on FaceTime with bri as she sat at the hospital with Brielle, putting the camera on her "she look like she got bigger"

"She did. She putting on weight fast so hopefully it won't take long before she can go home"

"Hopefully she'll be going home soon, but in the meantime you better be getting as much sleep as you can"

"Oh trust me, I'm trying"

"Did jr get to see her yet?"

"Yeah. That nigga had the nerve to say my baby look like an alien"

I laughed a little and shook my head

"Ion know whatchu gone do with that boy"

"Ima send his ass to his grandma cause he bout to get on my nerves"

"Don't do my nephew like that"

"Ima do him cause he bad as shit. I was helping him do his homework yesterday and he had to name something pink... tell me why this nigga named pink Whitney"

I burst out laughing

"Not the pink Whitney bri"

"Yes the pink Whitney. He tryina get us sent to jail for real"

"I ain lying"

A FaceTime call from milani flashed over the screen interrupting my call with bri

"Bri ima call you right back"

"Alright" she responded before I answered lani and she appeared on the screen

"You text me asking me to call you.. what's wrong?" She asked

"That was earlier. I was calling to see how your doctors appointment went"

"Fine" she practically mumbled

"What wrong witchu?"

Lani sighed "nothing, Im just ready to go home"

"Why you ain call out for the day"

She just shrugged

"Okay. Did I do something to you?"

"Whatchu talkin bout Kay?"

"Cause you acting like I did something to you"

Lani dramatically sighed before looking up from the camera

"Karma.... everything is not about you so stop"

"What?"

"You always tryina make everything about you when it's not! Stop!"

"How I'm tryina make something about me lani? I'm tryina have a conversation with you and you acting like you gotta issue so I'm tryina figure out what it is"

"You tryina make an issue cause like I said, you want shit about you and that's exactly what scooter was talkin about"

I rose my eyebrow as destiny walked into the break room with a container of food