Thirty Six:

Milani
November 27
11:15 am

"I'm glad we ain having a baby shower" I told scooter as I laughed, opening yet another Amazon box, looking at all of this stuff that he ordered that came in this morning "you brought damn near everything and she ain gone be here for another 4 or 5 months"

"Cause my baby girl gone be forever straight. She ain gone need nobody but us"

I nodded, taking out the multiple packs of bottles that were inside the boxes

"So, mj told me ol girl ended up having her baby early"

"You should've asked mj what that gotta do witchu" scooter responded "Fuck shy and his dumbass babymomma, cause that's all she gone ever be"

"I'm so over shy and bri at this point. And I love my sister but she ain gotta worry about me coming to nothin else she plan if they gone be there"

"To be honest yo sister ain no better lani" scooter bluntly told me and I looked at him "if karma was some good of a sister she would've defended you when everybody started jumping on you but she sat there quiet and I know if it was the other way around you would've defended her"

"I know.."

"And you gone keep letting her slide with doing you like that? That shit ain cool or fair to you. And you know it. You ALWAYS been a good sister to karma and when you need her to be a good sister she let you down and I ain fuckin with that. She don't show nobody loyalty unless it's benji lame ass and I peeped it always been like that"

"I know but scooter, that's my baby sister"

"And? Family can be toxic too karma don't mean you no good and she only look out for herself. Shit, you saw how she did London over Benji. Then not to mention how she did mj... she was quick to be best friends with ol boy new bitch but she claim mj as one of her best friends. That's that fake shit that you'on need"

I looked down at the back of my hands as he continued talking

"I'm just feel like you need to fall back from her. She ain did shit for you over the past five years that you could say was good. And as of right now, and I mean this shit with everything in me lani.. she ain welcome in my house. Her or her nigga and ion even want them around my baby"

When scooter said that I sucked my teeth "baby really?"

"I mean what I said milani" he told me as he got up, stepping through the boxes and walked out of the living room causing me to sigh

<><><><>

"So now scooter saying she ain allowed to the house and he'on want her around the baby" I vented to mj while we sat around in her shop

"Can he even do that? I meannnn... I understand he's the baby's daddy but still. You not really gonna let him act like that, right?" Mj asked with her eyebrow raised

"Ion even know what to do mj.."

"It's not even like you and Kay got into it. That was you, him, bri and shy.. then somehow ended up with benji.. is that what he mad about? Benji?"

"He mad about so much right now but I figured he would've chilled out by now. It's been a couple of days"

"I'm sorry lani but no" mj shook her head "and I'm a real friend so ima keep it real witchu. If you let him convince you to cut your sister off, you crazy as hell"

"But he made a point. I'm always there for Kay more than she's there for me and it ain fair."

"So al these years y'all spent creating a bond.. you gone let it go to waste over somebody that's not gonna be affected at all?"