49. "Did it work?"

(Gracie Adams)

I groaned, flipping over only to come face to face with a grinning Justin.

"Good morning." He rasped making shivers go down my spine.

"Good mornin-wait, how old are you?" I inquired.

He let out a childish giggle and my heart dropped.

It didn't work.

There's nothing else I could possibly think of to change him.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called out.

We were still laying down under the covers so we were covered.

The door opened to reveal Pattie.

She smiled. "Did it work?"

I glanced over at Justin to see him looking between me and her with a confused expression.

"J-Justin?" Pattie questioned.

"Yes mommy."

I let out a sob that I didn't know I was holding.

"Oh my God." She breathed out.

It's official. Justin has 4 days left.

I let everything out and so did Pattie.

The sad thing about it is that Justin was oblivious to the fact that his time was running short.

"Y-you guys should get ready. We don't want to waste another second." Pattie managed to choke out between tears.

"Okay mommy!" Justin screeched, standing up.

"Justin, no!"

It was too late. He stood up, standing fully naked in front of me and Pattie.

Pattie covered her eyes and I furrowed my eyes when he did something weird.

"Oh crap!" He muttered, covering himself.

That's strange. A 7 year old isn't supposed to cover himself from his mother. They don't even know that they're not supposed to show it to their mother. And they certainly don't use the word crap.

I shook the thought out of my head and sighed.

Pattie walked out and I stood up. I brought the covers with me and grabbed one of Justin's shirts and one of his sweats. I grabbed my underwear from yesterday and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth.

As I brushed through my wet hair, tears rimmed my eyes.

I couldn't save him.

That was the only thought that ran through my mind.

This is all my fault.

I failed myself, I failed Pattie, and worst of all, I failed Justin.

I sniffed and washed my face before pulling my hair in a ponytail.

When I finished, Justin went in after me. I saw his phone on the dresser and pressed the lock screen button. I smiled a sad smile as I noticed his lock screen was a picture of him kissing my cheek. I tried guessing his password multiple times until I finally got it right.

Gracie.

His wallpaper was a selfie I took on his phone when I stole it from him a few weeks ago.

I went to his pictures to see his gallery full of just pictures of him and I.

I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my cheeks. These might be the last pictures we ever took. This might be the last few days I see Justin unless a miracle happens and I'm praying to God that happens.

Justin finished and looked at me in a confused manner when he saw me on his phone. He walked over to me and grinned down at the phone.

"We're pretty, right?" He questioned and I nodded.

I wrapped my arms around his next, snuggling into his warm body.

"I wuv you, Gwacie." He mumbled.

"I love you too, Jay." I whispered through tears.

___

Short ass chapter but at least it's something.

Not gonna lie I almost cried writing this lol.

Poor Justin doesn't even know what's going on

Remember to comment and vote

Hope you liked the chapter

XxLove you guysxX

-Ally