50. "It's Nick."

Again, read the end notes

Dedicated to: BumbleBieber_

(3rd Person)

Gracie glanced over to see Justin crawling around the floor.

"Look Gwacie! I'm a doggy!" He screeched, giggling.

He seemed to be the only happy soul in the room and the truth is, he was.

Pattie was struggling to cook through tears and Gracie was faking a smile.

Gracie's head snapped up when she heard her name being called from the kitchen. She told Justin to stay in the living room as she already knew what was going to be discussed.

Once she entered, she saw Pattie baking a cake.

"It was Justin's favorite food before the car crash." Pattie spoke up, knowing that Gracie was eyeing the dessert.

"I figured he would want one of his last meals to be his favorite." Pattie suddenly started sobbing in the middle of the sentence.

Gracie hugged her tiny frame against her own but remained quiet.

She knew that if she spoke, she would only start crying herself and who would comfort who?

"We can't tell him." Pattie croaked, her throat dry from all the crying.

"I know." Gracie's voice cracked as she held in tears and rubbed Pattie's arm up and down in a soothing manner. "I know."

Her phone began ringing and she looked at Pattie in an apologetic way.

"Go get it. It might be important." Pattie dismissed and Gracie silently thanked her before gently unwrapping herself from the embrace.

She walked out of the kitchen and back into the living room where Justin now calmly sat on the floor watching Spongebob.

She shook her head with a smile on her face as he giggled at the crazy antics the characters did in the cartoon.

She picked up her phone. "Hello?"

Justin's head snapped to the side at the voice of the love of his life. He frowned when she held a finger to her lips silencing him but he just shrugged and turned back to the TV.

"Gracie." Her mother's worried voice rang through the phone causing Gracie's stomach to drop. "It's Nick."

---

Gracie's palms were sweaty as she didn't know what to expect beyond this door.

She lifted her shaking hands and knocked on the door.

Lexi answered and greeted her daughter with a hug and led her quietly towards Nick's room.

Gracie gasped at the sight before her.

Her younger brother lay on the bed with cuts, scratches, and bruises covering his face.

"Oh my God! What happened?!" She ran to her brother's side, bending down and clutching his hand.

"I tried sending him to school this morning. He refused but I didn't think much of it. Next thing I know, I'm getting a call from the school telling me that he's been beat up. He wouldn't tell the nurse or principal who did it to him. Hell, he won't even speak. I thought that maybe you would be able to get something out of him." Lexi explained.

Gracie glanced down at the injured young boy and nodded. "Can we have a moment alone, please?"

"Of course." Lexi assured."Oh and Gracie..."

Gracie looked up at her mother with a questioning look.

"Whatever you're going through, you'll make it through. I promise." Lexi's words caused shock to run through Gracie's body.

Mother knows best.

She remembered the words she had heard multiple times from her mother when she was younger.

She looked down when she heard a yawn.

Nick was slowly waking up and Gracie's heart sped up.

It was time to get the truth.

---
In the next chapter....

Lol jk

---

"Gracie, what are you doing here?" Nick questioned.

"Time for you to speak up, Nick. Who did this and why the fuck is my brother in a cast and has bruises all over his body?" Gracie decided that she was done playing around.

She was going to find out what happened to her brother if it was the last thing she ever did.

"Gracie, I-"

"And do not come to me with that bullshit. You are to tell me this instant Nick Adams or I swear I will-"

"These kids." He cut me off and Gracie looked at him.

"Which kids? And why?" She inquired.

"Drug dealers. Gracie, I bought marijuana."

---
Omgg guys, we made it to the 50th chapter.

Since you guys supported me for this long, I decided to reveal Nick's secret.

Andd I would like to thank BumbleBieber_ for the amazing cover.

Guys go shower her with love and read her books, she's awesome!!

Remember to comment and vote

10 comments=next update

Hope you liked the chapter

XxLove you guysxX

-Ally