Chapter 19

I dropped Hanna home and went to drive back to my house. What could my mom possibly want? Why did she need me right away? What was so urgent? She ruined the plan. She ruined the plan of Hanna and I finding out who was actually in the explosion at the DiLaurentis house.

I got out of my car, and locked it. I went to the porch and opened the kitchen door. I walk in looking at my phone, while calling, "Mom?!"

I stumble and look up, only to see my mother and father (who are rarely seen together anymore), Toby, and Lieutenant Tanner...wait..what?

"Spencer."she gave me a toothless smile

"Hi." I say blankly. Why is she here?

"You are probably wondering why I am here?" She walked towards me, holding her own hands in front of her.

I nodded.

"Well, why don't you come sit?" She motioned for the chair near the island counter. I walked over and sat down, Toby stood behind me, while putting a hand on my back.

"What's going on?" I look over at my mother. Her eyes were red and puffy. My dad had dried tear stains on his cheeks. They cried? They don't cry often...like ever.

"Um, there has been thieves at that Masquerade Ball. Remember when I discussed it with you? The one like a week or two ago?" Toby said.

"Yea.."

"Well, we were looking at the surveillance cameras, to catch the thief...but we found something interesting..." Lieutenant Tanner said. She motioned Toby to press play on the computer that was in front of me. He pressed a button, and it started playing. It was a bunch of people walking, dancing, talking and drinking. It looked like a fun party, well cause it was, but I didn't see what was wrong.

Confusingly, I say, "What is it?"

"Watch it again, closely." Toby said. He pressed play, and watched closely like he said to, and then I saw it.

"Kendall." I whisper.

"Indeed." Tanner pressed another button on the computer, and it was a freeze frame of what I just saw. There was a close up on Kendall.

"Now, I was acknowledged that you were wearing the exact same outfit. You two do look a like, so we thought it was just you, but" she stopped explaining and went to the next slide. It was a picture of me and Toby and other people at the ball, and then Kendall in the corner. "We see that you are here with Toby and that other girl Kendall was also there."

"What a re you trying to say here?" I ask.

"Kendall is alive. Kendall is somewhere. Where? We don't know. But we are intended to find out." She said. My mother then choked on her own tears.

"My daughter is really alive." She sobbed. My father out his head down and closed his own eyes.

Oh crap. They know Kendall is alive. Now they are going to find her and hunt her down. I have to tell here but how? I have to act as if I didn't know she was alive this whole time, even though I did.

I stood up from my chair and grabbed my purse.

"Spencer, where are you going?" Toby asked. He knew the truth too. He knew Kendall was alive. He had act upon all this as well as I did.

"I.." I breath in deeply. "I just need some space." I walked out of the house and into my car. I put my own head on the wheel, sighing in stress. I sat up straight and drove off. Where did I go? Back to Toby and I's apartment above the Brew...or Ezra's new bookstore.

I walked into the apartment throwing my purse onto the couch. I ran my fingers threw my hair, and then screamed aloud. I turn towards the door and lean my forehead against it.

"So they know now?"

I turned around and saw Kendall, or a frightened Kendall.

"It's okay." I say walking over to her putting my hand on her arm. She flinched away before I even touched her.

"Okay? Are you kidding me? It is anything but okay. This is bad."

"Why? If they just find you, then this will all be over."

"Yea, it will be over, cause A will kill me. If they catch me, then they will ask why I ran away. My reason is A, and if I out A then all hell is going to break loose." Her voiced rose.

"Then don't tell them it was because of A-"

"Only to let the town of Rosewood think I am like Ali with a fake kidnapping? To let the town think of me as a liar or someone who just wanted more attention? Some bitch-"

"They won't think that," I stop her.

"How do you know?" She crossed her arms. She was right. I didn't know.

"I have to stick to my plan. I have to protect you guys, then myself." She walked right passed me, and then walked out the door.

Kendall's P.O.V
I walked right out the door of the apartment. Probably wasn't the best idea once I walked down the steps and looked across the street. In the little resturant, there were two people. It was an old friend of mine. Her name was Samantha, and then there was Mike. They were eating, talking and laughing at the outdoor tables. He stood and hugged her, and even gave her a small peck on the cheek.

Wait..what?! Did Mike, my boyfriend, just go on a date?! This made me beyond livid. Could this day get any worse?

A/N: i kinda rushed on this chapter, hope you guys like it!!

Kisses -E