Chapter 26

*2 days later*

I walked through the doorway of my house, to see my mother, talking sternly to Spencer, Emily and Aria. She turned around and looked at me.

"That goes for you as well. Especially you for the matter of fact."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, putting my keys down and giving the crate of drinks I got the girls. I went over to the local coffee shop to get myself an iced coffee, but the girls all wanted something, so of course I had to get it for them.

"I don't want you to go anywhere near Alison's trail. Do you understand me?"

"Loud and clear." I say. She leaves the room and I look over at the others in confusion.

"Did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or something?"

Spencer rolled her eyes. "She is just stressed about this trial."

"Of course she is."

"She just wants to keep you guys safe." Emily says to us.

"But now we can't go to the trail. Not going to the trail makes us look as if we thought she was guilty of the murder." I take a muffin out of the bag and start to pick at it.

"Thats what I said." Aria said in a pitchy voice.

"It doesn't matter. We will be there and I guess you guys will be there..in spirit?" Emily chuckled. The rest of us laughed along.

"Well, I need to go." I tell them, getting my bag.

"Um where? You just got home." Spencer asked.

"Well first off, I was going to go to the coffee shop and then do my own thing, but you guys needed your coffees so I got them. And two, I'm going with Mike to the park."

"This early?" Aria questioned.

"Yes." I told them. "I will see you guys later."

Before I even walked out the door, I told Aria, "Its only 10 o'clock by the way."

I walked out the door and went to my car. I drove off, and past the park. Yes, I lied to them. The truth was, that I was going to Toby's house, because we needed a serious discussion.

I knocked on the door loudly and quickly, waiting for someone to answer.

The door finally swung open and Toby looked at me. He then turned around, going back to his computer.

"Hey, Toby I'm doing great. Can I come in? Yea? Okay thanks." I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes. I entered his apartment and closed the door. He didn't even look up once from his computer.

"Toby." I say.
No answer.
"Toby!" I say louder.
I am getting completely ignored. I walked up to him, and shut his laptop. Thank goodness he moved his hands from the keyboard, or else, we would be on our way to the ER.

"What Kendall?" He groaned getting up.

"So where is Spencer?" I asked him. I obviously knew where Spencer was, I just wanted to hear his response.

"She is staying with you for a couple of days. To send actual time with you. Since you 'died' and she is going to college soon. Didn't you know that?"

I crossed my arms. "Do you honestly believe what she told you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Okay. May I speak freely?" I ask him leaning against the island counter.

"Sure I don't care." He said sitting across from me.

"You're a dick."

Toby chocked on his water and coughed. "Excuse me?"

"Spencer obviously came over to my house so she can be distant from you. It's awkward. You are being so mean to her and annoying. But it isn't only her. You are being mean to everyone else."

"I'm trying to protect her. And the others too. That's my job." He argues.

"Let's think back shall we? Why did you go become a police officer anyways? To get some insight on A correct?"

He nodded slightly.

"Now, yes, you probably got some stuff about A, but then you got so serious about your job, and secretive, that you became a douche."

"Okay, you aren't allowed to talk freely anymore and Yes, I am getting more serious about my job, but that's so I can keep it. It pays enough to keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouths."

"Toby, I hate to tell you this, but if this keeps going on, then Spencer will leave you."

"She told you that?" He whispered.

"No, but it's obviously going to happen if this keeps going." I tell him.

He groaned and put his head in his own hands. "Spencer is way more important to me than my job. I love her so much more than being a cop."

"Then, you have to tell her that. Let her know. Say exactly what you said to me to her. And maybe chill a little bit."

"Is that the reason you came?" He asked as I went towards the door to leave.

"One out of two reasons. The other was that you and I have only said about two sentences to each other since I got back."

He stopped me once I reached the door. "Where are you going?"

"Home. To get out of your hair."

"No, stay." He insisted. "We can keep talking. Plus, I am going to need you help to get Spencer back."

"Well then the right person is here to help." I smile. He smiles back and together, him and I create the perfect plan to win Spencer over.

A/N: guys, I LOVE spoby, so ignore what is going on between them in the show, because here in this book, they are sticking together. Any other Spoby fans??

Kisses -E