Chapter 3

Toby's POV

I finally made it to where Kendall and I were suppose to meet, and that was the Rosewood Cemetery. Its kind of creepy, almost no one comes here, so its safest for Kendall.

I parked my truck and ran all the way to the end of the cemetery and I saw Kendall sitting there writing in a book.

"Why aren't you in New York right now?" I asked her.

"Well, here's the thing...Melissa was on the train."

"She was what now?"

"I was going, but them I saw she was going to New York too. Along with Wren, which was weird."

"I though she was in England." I say confused.

"Well she isn't."

I grunted in utter confusion. "Well now what? Melissa is on her way to New York, when you are suppose to be there, away from all of this."

She started, "Maybe this is a sign. That I should stay here-"

"And have a higher chance of getting killed? For real?"

"I didn't want to go to New York anyways. I want to stay here, no matter how dangerous it is. I have to be here for my sister, my boyfriend, my friends, and my family." She argued to me.

"Alright Kendall! You can stay. But I have no idea where you can sleep, or how you can survive and live somewhat of a normal life."

"Okay, let's get this straight," now she was angry. "My life isn't normal. Period. I will never live a normal life. Ever. And two, I know my way around this town now. You don't know what I know...or what I can do." And she stormed off. Where? I don't know. I just hope she stays in touch and doesn't get caught.

*one week later*
Mike's P.O.V

I haven't been out of the house in a month. It not because it's summer vacation, and I'm lazy. It's because a month ago, I lost the girl I love the most. I lost the girl who motivates me to wake up each and every morning. We have has our ups, and downs, but we have always been there for each other, and now it's like I lost my other half. The death of my girlfriend Kendall Hastings, has ruined me.

I have only been out of my room for food, and go to the bathroom. Besides that, I would be either in bed, or pace back and forth in my room. I would just sit and think, or read, or go on the computer. But no matter what I did, it would remind me of Kendall. I have been taking it the hardest out of everyone, even Spencer.

This morning, I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Today was her birthday. July 22. She would turn 17 today. I remember her getting so excited to spend her birthday with her friends and family from Rosewood, and yet she was upset cause she wouldn't be in California. I sat up and sat at the edge of my bed putting my hands on my face. I couldn't believe I survived this long without her.

I looked over and saw a picture of her and I laughing at the first christmas we spent with each other. I remember that day like the back of my hand. It was just full of Christmas cheer, laughter, joy, and love. I remember her telling me,

*flashback (christmas)*

"Well I got exactly what I wanted for Christmas."

"We haven't even handed out presents," I told her confused.

"No silly." She laughed her beautiful laugh. "All I wanted for Christmas was to spend it with you." She had her arms around me and looked right into my eyes while smiling.

"And so did I." I said, While pulling her into a warm embrace

*end of flashback*

I walked downstairs into the living room. I was home alone. I looked over at the couch and remember how we kissed there for the first time since she came back from her two month California trip. It then reminded me of our first kiss ever. It was at a park bench in well, the park. She comforted me, and then kissed me. To think that we were once best friends...then a couple.