Chapter 22

Kendall's POV
I woke up in my bed. My comfy bed. I sat up and bit my own lip. I looked around my room. Everything was in its exact place. It was as if the room was waiting for my return. I got out of bed, and pulled up the curtains. The sun was revealed and it lit up the dark room. I opened my closet, that was filled with simple sun dresses, blouses, and skirts. How I missed being somewhat of a girly girl. All I have been wearing lately was freaking shorts and a t-shirt.

I had a white sundress on, making me not only look pretty tan, but my old self. That simple dress made me feel like I never changed. Like I never had to run away from a psycho crazy stalker killer. It made me feel like I was a normal teenage girl.

I walked down the stairs of my own house. It felt nice with the sun shining through the windows and into the living room. I could walk around freely, and not have to worry about getting caught being alive. I also don't have to worry about A. Rosewood PD has been trying to find out who A is..even though they can barely solve a murder.

Once I reached the bottom of the staircase, I looked at my mother who was standing at the island counter, looking intently at the paperwork in from of her. I walked towards her, and she looked up at me, with the brightest smile on her face.

"Oh how I missed you walking down those steps with a smile wider than ever." She said cupping my chin in her hand as she walked past me to get to the fridge. I watched her as she grabbed a water bottle from it and walking back to her pile of paperwork.

"So now what?" I ask.

"What?" She asked back.

"What is going to happen? To me? To Spencer? To the others?"

"Well, thats what I an about to find out." She put all that paper into her briefcase neatly. "Your father and I are going to the courthouse, and then police station to get this all sorted out."

"How long will you be gone?"

"Until late." She sighs. "9 o'clock earliest."

"Great." I sigh as well.

"If you don't want to be home alone for that long then I can just call Spence-"

"No its okay." I say interrupting her. "I'll be fine."

She mouthed the word 'okay' which was followed by a quick toothless smile. She kissed my forehead, and said "I love you. See you later."

Once I heard the door shut, I turned towards the couch and sigh heavily. Now what?

I walked to the steps, so I could go to my room and go on the internet or something, but someone knocked on the door. I made a detour to the back door and unlatched the top, and unlocked the bottom. I opened it and saw his face making me roll my eyes heavily.

"I told you I didn't want to see you." I simply tell Mike, while trying to shut the door in his face. Though he had his foot stop it from closing, and let himself in.

"Kendall, can we just talk?" He begged.

"Talk about what? There is nothing to talk about!" I exclaim. "You told Rosewood PD I'm alive, making me say stuff about A then will probably get me killed for real. And you did it all for Alison?"

He gave me a confused look. "Aria didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Mike explain the whole thing with Mona, and how she was his first true love. He wanted to keep something in memory of her, and to find out who A is. He talked to Ali, and we found out that she really was innocent. Long story short, he was helping us, and not A.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain why you turn me in." I cross my arms.

"I missed you." He said simply.

"Then why didn't you just come to see me, or have me come and see you-"

"How Kendall?" He said with a slight rise to his voice. "I couldn't just call you up and ask if you wanted to watch a movie or something. We were drifting apart, only because we weren't spending any time together."

"Well I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand that I had to pretend to be dead, so I couldn't go out."

"And you clearly don't understand the whole point of being in a relationship." He recited under his breath, and that ticked me off.

"MIKE!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! You don't understand the whole point of being dead. And the whole point of trying to keep safe from A and trying to protect others-"

"Like who?" He asks.

"LIKE YOU!" I yell tears forming in my eyes. "I did this for you, for Spencer, for Toby for Hanna, Emily and Aria. I did this for them. I did it so I could find out who A is."

"Well how did that work out for you?"

"How did you become such a douche?" I say in my normal voice.

I went to the couch and sat. I put my hands to my face, covering my eyes. I felt the tears come out of my eyes as I blinked. I felt a hand on my knee and I looked up.

"You're right." He said. "I don't get it. But I, I just miss you. I miss you and I love you. I just wanted to see you more. You have every right to be pissed at me and mad at me. I made a stupid mistake." He choked on his own words. "I just wanted what was best for you."

"I missed you too." I whisper. He looks into my eyes. He took his thumb and wiped his thumb across my cheek, taking away the tears.

"I have never seen you cry this much before." He said with a small smile. I hit his arm lightly and laughed a little. He then leaned in and kissed me softly. We pulled back.

"What time are your parents coming home?" He asked

"Not till late, why?"

He took my hand and led me up to my own bedroom. He laid down on the left side of my bed, and motioned me to come over. I laid down next to him. He put an arm around me as I put my head on his chest. And we just stayed there, for what seemed like forever.

A/N: anyone have any ideas on what kind of book I should write after I finished the Sixth Liar series?
Kisses -E