Chapter 25

I sat there in the police station, still confused on why I'm here at freaking 8am. My mother wouldn't even answer my own questions. I kept asking her, "why are we going to the station?" She would answer every time with, "I hope you weren't involved in this."

The thing was, I have no clue what I was involved with!

"Kendall Hastings, Lieutenant Tanner will see you now." Said a tall police officer. I stood up and went over to he questioning room.

"What is this about?" I demanded an answer.

"Tell me how you knew Mona." She asked me, ignoring my question

This was about Mona's murder. Great.

"I didn't exactly know her very well. I only knew of her name through my sister and her friends."

"Wasn't she involved between you and Michael Montgomery? Romantically?"

I scoffed. "Yes, she was."

Tanner wrote words down onto a pad she had in front of her.

"Now, how are you involved with Alison DiLaurentis? Is it true you were friends since you were children?"

"Yes." I answer honestly.

"Weren't you the only one friend that stuck by her?"

"What is this about Lieutenant Tanner?"

"I'm asking the questions here Ms.Hastings."

"Do you think I killed Mona?" I say rather loudly.

"If you must know, then yes. There is evidence to back up this claim."

"First off, I have the right to know. Second, I did not kill Mona. Lets set that straight. But, I know who did."

"And who is that?" Tanner all of a sudden sounded intrigued and leaned forward to hear more.

"Remember when I said there was someone named A that has been trying to stalk us? Well they killed Mona. And if you want proof, then I can get you proof, easily. If you simply just let me get my phone, I can show you my texts."

She squints her eyes at me. "You have two minutes."

I smirked and stood. I ran out and went to my purse. I took out my phone and walked back to the question room, taking out all messages of A. As I was walking, thinking that I won, I realized my phone was buzzing. Then a pop up came, saying all my messages were getting deleted. What the hell? Then in Less than 5 seconds, all of the text messages I have gotten from A, disappeared. Like they were never there.

I stop walking when I reached the entrance of the questioning room, and slightly gaped at what just happened. Tanner grabbed my phone, having me startled.

"There is nothing here Ms.Hastings."

"I swear there was something just there!"

"Nice try, but we know who worked with Alison now. You are free to go. We apologize for the inconvenience.

She walked out of the room, handing me back my phone. She turned back around and called my name.

"Ms.Hastings. Word of advice."

I turned around and faced Tanner.

"Don't cover up for your friends. It only makes you look unprofessional."

Don't cover up for my friends? What the hell was she talking about?

I walked back into the lobby, and chaos was happening. I walked over to my mother, who was talking to an officer.

"Thank god you are free. Now lets get out of here."

"Who is replacing me here?"

"Excuse me?"

"Mom, who is getting arrested and going to jail beside Alison?"

I heard the station doors open, and then the sound of radios, and sirens surrounded the room. I turned around and saw Hanna, with handcuffs behind her back. Her eyes filled with fear as they took her to processing.

Crap. Hanna just got arrested for a murder she didn't commit. That means she is going to jail with Alison.

"Hanna!" I yell trying to run over to her, but I was stopped by my mother.

"Don't you dare." She said pointing her pointer finger at me.

I stood still, and shocked. I felt my phone buzz slightly. I looked at the text I recieved.

A cat doesn't just eat its food. It plays with it first. Try to keep up with the game.
-A

Of course. Of course A wants to play with us, before killing us. And the he/she is slowly doing that with Hanna and is probably about to do that to Alison. Why is life getting harder? I thought spilling about A would make things better not worse.

I realized what I saw in front of me was an A text I could show the police. I was about to walk up to them, before my phone spazzed again, and the message deleted.

I grunted in frustration.

"Kendall, we have to get out of here." My mother said grabbing my arm.

I got out of her grasp. "Wait mom! But Hanna-"

"You can't do anything about it. And I am trying to protect you. Lets go." She said angered. I obeyed and follower her out of the chaotic station.

As I walked out, I saw Mike jogging past the station. He spotted me and stopped. Waiting for me to come over towards him. I looked at my mother.

"Go, text me when you are on your way home." She walked to her car and I looked back over at Mike.

"Hey." I said as I walked towards him.

"Hey." He smiled breathing in and out heavily.

"How long did you run?"

"A mile." His panting continued.

"Ew, that explains why you're all gross and sweaty."

"Want a hug?" He laughed.

"Ew no."

"Come on." He went towards me and hugged me as I playfully tried to pry out of his grip.

We started walking back to his house from the station.

"Sooo, why were you at the police station?"

"I was questioned.." I whisper

"For?"

"Mona's murder."

"Oh." Mike said looking down at his feet.

"I was honestly about to get arrested, but Hanna was instead."

"Hanna?!" Mike flipped. "But she-"

"I know. I tried calling the girls but none of them answered."

"Its A. A obviously set her up."

"I know. And I was going to tell them about A, but the bitch hacked into my phone, deleting everything."

We stopped in front of Mike's house.

"Come in. I will shower and then you and I can grab breakfast or something. We both need to relax a little about everything."

"Its impossible to relax anymore." I crossed my arms.

"I know. But it doesn't hurt to try. Even for a little. Now come on." He held out his hand and I grabbed it, as we walked inside.

A/N: i have nothing to say...so yea here are the basics....
LIKE AND COMMENT ILY GUYSS

Kisses -E