Chapter 30

I opened the door of the apartment. And it was completely empty. There was no furniture, no food, no boxes. If you spoke, there would be an echo.

I walked passed the living room, and went into the bedroom. Spencer sat on the floor, looking in a large leather covered book. She had her carry-on suitcase in front of her, which was filled with all her clothes, and necessities.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked her leaning against the doorframe.

She looked up and smiled. "Just looking at old photos."

I went to go sit next to her, and look along. "How old are these?"

"When we were younger, before you moved."

"Oh my god, I remember that!" I say pointing at a picture of Spencer and I, at the place where I used to do gymnastics for my 6th birthday party.

Spencer laughed. "All I remember is that I almost broke my leg trying to do a flip that you did."

I laughed at the memory. "Ah, good times."

Spencer flipped the page, and the pictures became more recent. They were right here in this very apartment. Toby's first apartment, the first apartment Spencer and Toby shared, the apartment where I stayed at, or where I would have the most fun. The pictures consisted of Toby and Spencer goofing off and being their cute selves, and then there were other pictures of all of us, like when we got together for Spencer's birthday.

"I can't believe you and Toby are moving." I whisper.

"Its only for two years,"

"In Spain!" I interrupt her. "And them another two in Italy. That makes four Spence."

"This program is perfect for me Kendall. It has to do with the arts and literature of the area. You know I'm most interested in that than anything."

"Yea I know.." I look down. Spencer was accepted into this prgram months ago, but finally had the guts to tell our parents not even a week ago. They fought about it, because they expected Spencer to go to an Ivy League College, like Harvard, or Yale or even Standford. After who knows how long they fought four, our parents gave in, and even on short notice, got them to leave Rosewood this week.

Spencer put a hand behind my back. "Even though I am across the globe, you know I will be there for you. Plus, I will be back for the holidays."

"I just don't want to lose the strong sister relationship we have with each other."

"Well, guess what? We aren't losing that." Spencer smiled softly. "Now, I have feeling you only came up here, cause everyone was downstairs waiting."

"And your feeling is correct." I said standing up. I made my way to the doorway of the bedroom, and then turned back around, and saw Spencer put the album in her suitcase and zipped it shut.

"You know, you never told me about the dollhouse.."

Spencer picked up the box and started towards the doorway. "I told you, I am not comfortable talking about it. It was a petrifying experience that kills me every time I even say the word dollhouse."

"Sorry." I say. "I'm surprised they arent keeping you for questioning."

"I already did all of that. There is no case yet anyways..if there is one, then I am coming back for a while."

"Oh." I simply say. "Now hurry up so you can say goodbye to everyone. You need to be at that airport in two hours." I tell her changing the subject.

"Kendall, you just said two hours. I have time."

"Spence, that means you only two hours to be with everyone here."

Spencer had a wave of realization hit her, and then she zoomed out of the bedroom. As soon as her and I walked out of the bedroom, we stopped, looking at everyone in the empty living room, sitting on the floor with their coffee cups. There was Aria, Ezra, Hanna, Caleb, Emily, Alison, and of course Toby just lounging around.

"You guys took forever to get down, so we came up." Ezra said taking a sip of his coffee.

"You and Toby finally get to leave Rosewood today." Aria said looking up at the ceiling.

"All of you will be too, just next week." Spencer pointed out, sitting next to Toby.

"All of you guys, and then there is me...
Woohoo.." I say unenthusiastically.

"Wait, but you graduated." Alison said.

"I'm taking a year to myself." I say.

"And Miiiike." Aria teased. I playfully hit her on the arm as I sat down next to her.

"Well, we will all get together, I mean, how can we forget each other, especially after A?" Caleb mentioned.

"Don't even say that bitches name." Hanna said.

"Lets not talk about the dark times. How about we talk about the happy times? Like.." Emily pondered.

"Frosting fights." I say automatically. Spencer chuckled, as well as everyone else.

In two hours, we all talked about the good times, the times that made us all smile brightly, and make us feel joyful.

We all walked downstairs to the Brew, and Spencer and Toby gave their keys to Ezra. We stood there in silence. Knowing that this will be the last time we will all be together, for a long time.

"I'm going to miss this place." Spencer whispered.

"I am going to miss just being able to walk downstairs and get a coffee whenever I please." Toby chuckled.

We walked outside, and the two put their suitcases in the trunk of the cab. Spencer put her bag in, and then walked over to me.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said.

"Same here." I say back. She smiles and we hug each other tightly.

"Love you Ken."

"Love you too Spence."

We let go of each other, then Toby comes up for a hug goodbye. They gives a hug to each person.

Toby then walked over to the cab, and opened the door for Spencer. Before she sat, she looked at each of us, and smiled. She went in, and Toby followed. Seconds later, the cab leaves leaving the rest of us standing in front of the coffee shop, staring at nothing.

"I'm kind of hungry." I say.

"When are you not?" Emily laughs.

"The Grill anyone?" Ezra offered.

"Lets do it." Hanna said. We all started to walk towards the Grill for the last time.

A/N: ONE MORE CHAPTER!! And GOOD NEWSSSSS!! I was not originally going to make a fourth book, but because of high demand, I AM MAKING A FOURTH BOOK!!!! The title will be out when the last chapter comes out. Vote and Comment!

Kisses -E