Chapter 20

Kendall's POV

I quickly tapped on the back door of the house. I put my hands in my shorts pockets, waiting for someone to open it. I looked down at the white converse I was wearing. How could Mike do this to me? Was he really cheating? Or was this all an act? And that Samantha bitch, UGH officially hate her.

The door swung open, and I looked back up quickly.

"Hey." Mike said smiling. I smiled back as He motioned me to come into the house and I did. I stepped foot in it and looked around.

"Haven't seen you in forever." He went to kiss me on my lips but I turned my head and he kissed my cheek instead. He furrowed his eyebrows, but then shook it off.

"Whats up?" He asks walking to the dinning room.

"Nothing, wanted to say hi." I smile. He smiled back at me, and picked up the books that were scattered around the dining room table.

"What did you do today?" I ask, removing the silence between us.

"Just sat and watched TV all day." He shrugged. I scoffed.

"What?" He asks turning around from the bookshelf in the living room, which was very far from the dining room.

"I can't believe you.." I whisper.

"Wha-"

"You had the courage to lie to my face Mike." I say calmly.

He eyes brows lifted, and his eyes got wider. "You saw?"

"I see everything nowadays." I reply. "Why? Why did you decide to go on a date, when we were still seeing each other?"

"Sorry Kendall, but everyone assumes your dead!" He exclaimed.

My voice started to rise. "So you decide to go on a date with Samantha?"

"She asked me out. And in order to show people that I somewhat moved on from your quote on quote death, I said yes."

"It isn't that hard to say no."

"I never saw you as the jealous type Ken."

"I don't see myself as the jealous type either Mike! But just because I am gone from everyone else's lives doesn't mean that I am gone from yours."

He put his fingers through his hair. "We are growing apart Kendall!!Don't you see that?!"

We stopped yelling at each other when the front door bell rang.

"I have to go hide." I say crossing my arms, going into the nearest closet.

Mike rolled his eyes and opened the door once I was in the closet. I heard everything, but couldn't see anything.

"Lieutenant Tanner?" Mike asks. I push my ear to the door, and listen to the conversation they have.

"Michelangelo Montogomery?" She asked.

"Yea?"

"You are under arrest."

"What why?!" He yelled. I heard the handcuffs going around his wrists.

"You have the right to an attorney-"

"Why am I getting arrested?!" He yelled interrupting her. 

"For the murder of Kendall Hastings."

The blood drained from my face. He can't be arrested! He didn't kill me! I am clearly alive! I have to save him, but I also have to save myself. I didn't know what to do. I stood in that closet, panicking in my head. What do I do? I would just go out there and help him, but I remember he told me once, that if I have to chose between him and I, then I should chose myself. He obly said that because he was slightly annoyed that I liked to help others more than myself.

I heard the door slam shut.No one was home anymore. I sat in that closet for a little longer. Thinking of what to do. And that is when I thought of it. I pushed opened the closet door, stepping back from it and closing it.

I turned around and jumped back against the closet door with my hand on my chest, startled for life.

Tanner stood there with her arms crossed, tapping her foot, and looking at me dead in the eye.

"So, looks like you are alive."

A/N: okay, I was really excited to write this part. Comment and Vote <333

Kisses -E