Chapter 9

"When was the last time you heard from Kendall?" Hanna asked grabbing the whipped cream from the fridge.

"Um, probably about 3 days ago." I told her.

"When has Toby last seen her?" Emily asks.

"I haven't asked him."

"Well," Alison said. She slid a bowl of ice cream across the counter to me. "Here is some ice cream to get her off your mind."

We all laughed. We dumped our bowls of ice cream with sprinkles, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

All of us decided to go to Hanna's and have a "lazy day". Which is basically, watch movies, talk, and eat junk food all day in our sweats.

We were all eating and I looked over at Aria, who looked like she has something to say.

"Ar?" I asked. "You okay?"

"Ezra knows Kendall is alive!" She blurted out. She then covered her mouth with her owns hands, being shocked she even said that.

"Wait woah woah." I told her. "You told Ezra Kendall is alive?!"

"No I didn't!" She defends. "He saw her in the woods, and even talked to her. He was told by her that he saw nothing, but he told me."

"Anybody else's bed buddies know?" I ask.

Hanna started, "I don't think Caleb knows.."

Emily spoke, "I haven't told Paige."

"I haven't told anyone." Ali said.

The doorbell rang as we were all discussing our spouses knowing Kendall is alive. Hanna walked away to go get it.

"Who else know's Kendall is alive?" Ali asked.

"A?" Hanna said walking in with letters in her hand.

"Yea..how did you know?" I looked at her.

"No, I didn't actually. Just like Kendall, A is back to torture us too." Hanna handed each of us an envelope. There was a note on top of everyone's that read:

See you there. ;) -A

"Was the winky face necessary?" Emily said.

We all opened the envelopes. They were invitations. I read aloud,

You are cordially invited to the Town of Rosewood's Summer Masquerade Ball from 8 o'clock to 1 o'clock. Masks and costumes required.

"Are we going? Emily asked.

"Hell yeah." I said. "This is our chance to get A."

"And maybe have some fun this summer." Ali smirked.

"Yes! Wait but it's tomorrow!" Emily pointed out.

"And?" I say.

"What are going to wear?" Aria said.

"And dates?" Hanna said after.

"I know what we are doing after we eat our icecream..." Emily said taking in a big spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"Shopping." Hanna said smiling widley.

Mike's P.O.V
I was leaning against the kitchen counter, reading the invitation I recieved. I was invited to Rosewood's Summer Masquerade Ball, but I didn't want to go. Why should I? I mean, I don't have Kendall to go with me, and its tomorrow..I don't have time.

I heard the door jiggle open, and Aria came in with bags in her hands.

"Hey." She said cheerfully.

"Hi?" I say questionably. "The bags?"

"The ball." She said putting them down and taking a deep breath.

"Wow." I say walking toward them. She went over to the counter to see her mail, and then saw my invitation.

"You're going right?" She held it up.

"I don't think so.."

"Why not? You have to!"

"I can't. I just would rather stay here instead."

"Mike, you can't stay here forever. Okay, listen to this, Kendall is alive and well. She would want you to go."

"Yea with her." I pointed out.

"But she doesn't want you to stay here locked up from the outside world forever."

Aria had a point there.

"You have to go out and show everyone that you are okay." She said.

"Okay even if I did go, I wouldn't have a mask."

"Ha, well being the amazing sister I am..." She stopped there and went over to the bags. She took a bag and placed it on the counter, taking out a simple all black mask.

"I got you a mask, so you could go."

"Thanks Aria." I laughed a bit. "Looks like am prepared."

"Your welcome." She smiled.

Was I ready to face the world without Kendall? Looks like we will wait and see.

A/N: I am writing like 24/7 guys. Shows how much I love you all. :)

Kisses -E