Chapter 21

Kendall's POV

I sat in the questioning room. My fingers danced around the wooden table in front of me. The heel of my foot was shaking terribly. I could feel my heart pound out of my chest. I even started to chew on my own lip. Could you tell I was nervous?

I was mostly Scared. They caught me being alive. They found out that I was never dead. When they called my parents, they ran here. My mother stumbled through the door of the police department and saw me sitting down. She knelt down to the floor and started to cry. I am still not sure if it was tears of joy, or disappointment. My father stayed still, not knowing how to react to this. His daughter was always alive. She faked her death, just like Alison.

People will start comparing me to her now. She faked her death, and so did I. She ran away, and so did I. She had the girls help her through this, and so did I. Both of us had others lie for us.

Guilty. Thats how I felt. I felt guilty and terrible for all this. How am I suppose to walk around Rosewood with people staring at me, saying "Didn't she fake her death?" How was I suppose to stand this?

My thoughts were interrupted when someone walked through the door, and made the dim light pointing at the table brighter and pointing at me. Lieutenant Tanner looked at me, with one of those intimidating smirks.

"So," she said softly. She pulled a chair and sat next to me. "Why?"

"Why what?" I ask back, avoiding eye contact.

"Why did you fake your death? Do you have a psycho kidnapper after you too?" She said mockingly. Like she knew Ali's kidnapping story was just a cover up. She was comparing me to Ali too.

Why was I letting this happen to me? Why am I letting people push me around? Why was I letting people compare me to Ali? I'm not Ali!! Don't they understand? I am nothing like her! I have to prove it. I knew exactly how too.

I don't know how long Lieutenant Tanner has been waiting for my answer, but I looked at her right in the eyes. I stopped quivering, and put my fists in front of me. Then I opened my mouth, and started talking....

Spencer's POV

I saw Kendall drag her feet, staring at the floor as she walked out of the questioning room. She had her hands in her pocket, and you could see her slightly shaking.

I squeezed Toby's hand which was right next to mine, and then I stood from my seat. I looked at the other three girls, standing there waiting for Kendall. I went over to Kendall, and stood in front of her. She looked up and her eyes were pink. They had a shine to them, as if she was on the verge of tearing.

"Kendall?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

Toby then chipped in, "For what? It wasn't your fault that they found you-"

"I told them." She said abruptly, interrupting Toby.

"Told them what?" I say with a slight rise in my voice. I had a feeling I knw what she was going to say.

"I told them, about A."

Kendall's POV

"You WHAT?!" Spencer yells at me.

"You just put all of our lives in danger!! You put my job in jeopardy," Toby yells. Then Mike walks in, and everyone, including me gives him the dirtiest look.

"Kendall, you're okay, thank goodness." He told me trying to hug me, but I backed away.

"What?" He asked.

I scoffed at him. "You set me up."

"Wha-"

"Mike, how did the Rosewood PD know I was at your house? If they were following me, then why wouldn't they arrest me right there in then? Let me answer that. Its because there was a whole plan, for me to get caught being alive. A plan that you told them, so I wouldn't expect it."

He sighed. "Yes okay, you're right. I called them because I wanted you to be safe-"

"Mike you made everything worse!! You didn't make me all of a sudden safe!!"

"Kendall I miss you and I wanted to see your face and go out with you like to the movies, or a restaurant, but I couldn't because you were known ad DEAD!!! I wanted to protect you and I wanted to know you were always protected at all times."

"Bullshit!"

"Excuse me?" He said, offended.

"You didn't want to spend more time with me, you didn't miss me. You were trying to help Alison, its obvious. You have been doing so much work for her, and she wanted me to get caught-"

"Ken, thats ridiculous!" Mike said to me.

I took a deep breath in, "Mike." I say, lowering my voice. "I want you to leave, and I never want to see your face again." Tears started to stream down my face.

He looked heartbroken. Tears started to form in his own eyes. He turned around and left the building, not even turning back.

I looked around and realized that everyone was still here, around me, and they just witnessed me breaking up with Mike.

"Kendall," Emily said, trying to put a hand on my shoulder. I moved away from her and crossed my arms.

"Can I just go home?" I ask.

"Yes." I hear my dad say from behind me. He put a hand on my shoulder. "Lets all go home."

A/N: OMG I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER AND IM SOO SORRY ILY GUYSSSSSSS (btw im not rlly sure if this chapter made any sense)
Kisses -E