Chapter 4

Spencer's POV

I walked into the church where we were having the memorial in. I saw the picture of her sitting on the easel. She was beautiful in that picture. Her brown locks hung down. She was wearing her school uniform from California, where her pale cyan shirt made her brown chocolate eyes pop.

"Are you okay?" I heard Aria's voice behind me. I turned around and told her,

"Yeah,..... I just hope this plan works."

Throughout the memorial, all I could here were others crying, especially my parents. They were sniffling and couldn't control themselves. All of us were making a speech. My parents, Mike, Aria, Em, Ali, Han, And I. After my parents, it was my turn to make a speech. I breathed in deeply and out smoothly. I stood and went up to the podium.

"Hello everyone." I started. "Today we are here, to celebrate the life of a wonderful girl. She was the happiest, sweetest, strongest person. She has been through so many difficult times in her life, yet still tried to be optimistic. Kendall was young, and had a whole eventful life in front of her. But it was ended by..."

I stopped. I wanted to say by A, but I knew I couldn't.

"It was ended by such a tragedy. Before the incident, we had a fight, and if I knew that was the last time I would of seen her, then I would have made it different. I wouldn't of fought with her. I have that memory stuck in the back of my brain. But I also have good memories. I remember when we were younger. It was summer, and every Friday night, we would make a fort outside and sleep in it. We would look at the stars, or catch fireflies. And if it rained, then we would go inside, tell stories, make shadow puppets, sing songs. Then she moved when she just turned 13, and I was so lonely. It didn't feel right. Yet she came back three years later, and was still the crazy fun girl she was when she was younger. She would eat the weirdest snacks and I would get grossed out."

I giggled to myself at the memory.

"One day, I we had the biggest food fight. I mean there was a huge mess and we had food in places would food should have been, but it was worth it."

I was ready to burst in tears, so I ended my speech with ,"If Kendall was here, I know she would of had the brightest smile on, with all the memories she had with each of us in this room. We all love her, and I know she loved you all back."

I stepped down from the podium and sat down. Next up was Toby, who was going to talk about how Kendall was like a sister to him. I sat down, and Toby started to talk. I started to look around the room. I didn't find any sign of Kendall. After Toby went, Emily went, and then Aria and then Hanna. Hanna was speaking and I looked around again. I saw something in the far back corner.

It was a black hoodie. First thing that came to my mind was 'oh crap what the hell is A doing here?' But then I looked closer. This black hoodie wasn't wearing a mask, and had long brown hair. There was a silver chain around that persons neck. It looked like a heart shaped locket. My eyes widen as I realized, that was Kendall.

I look next to me, and lightly hit Mike's leg. He looked over at me.

"What?" He whispered.

"Look behind you." I whispered back. He turned and saw the black hoodie, aka Kendall.

"What do we do?" I whisper as he faces forward again.

He then all of a sudden he started bursting tears. He stood and said, "I'm sorry, I can't do this." And he walked out of the church. As he was walking out, Kendall ran out of the church too. I stood up as well, following Mike. No one followed us, which was good.

I ran outside the church and caught up with Mike, who was chasing Kendall. She then turned a corner and we lost her for a second. We turned the same corner, and saw her climbing over a fence. She hopped down to the ground, and her hoodie fell off. Her long luxurious hair blew slightly with the wind. She made eye contact for a split second with both me and Mike, and then ran off. Mike was about to climb the fence himself, but I pulled him back.

"No, don't bother. She's gone."

"So it's official." He says. "She really is alive."

"Yeah, and she has a lot, of explaining to do to us." I say.

Mike's P.O.V

I got home after that, and found a note on the kitchen counter.

Going to New York. Emergency Teachers Convention. Be back in a couple of days. -Dad

Great. That means I am home alone for the night. Aria went to Spencer's, my dad is on his way to New York, and I am here confused about what happened today.

I went to go and take a fast shower. I came out shirtless, with plaid pajama pants. I then found a grey long sleeved shirt and slipped it on. As I was drying my hair with my towel, I heard a voice,

"Knock, knock?" The door slightly creaked open and Kendall was standing there, looking nervous, as if I was going to hurt her.

All that cane out of my mouth was, "You're alive."

"Yea," she says.

"Why, why haven't you told me sooner? Or anyone-"

"It wasn't safe. What I am doing now isnt safe. But I'm here, because I miss you and I couldn't see you suffer anymore."

"I just don't get it." My voice started to slightly rise. "If you were here in Rosewood, I mean the least you could have done was tell me in any way that you were alive."

"No Mike! I couldn't." Her voice started to rise as well. "I couldn't tell you, or anyone. If I did, then I would really be dead."

"What do you mean?" I cross my arms and narrow my eyebrows.

"I mean, if A finds out, he or she will kill me."

"Well, A has been trying to kill you for the past year,so why all of a sudden run away?" I asked, and I could tell I hit a rough spot, As she started to tear.

"My plan, was to find out who A was, and possibly kill A myself, so I can come back and I can stop worrying about A hurting us."

"Now why the hell would you do that?"

"Why Mike?" She put her hands through her locks. "Because You obviously don't understand how much I love you! I've risked it all for not only you, but everyone else. But you especially I was trying to protect, because if A even touched you I would never forgive myself. This was a chance for me to be somewhat safe and get-"

And I stopped her sentence there by grabbing her arm and pulling her in for a hard kiss. It then turned soft. She put her hands on both sides of my face and my hands move down to her back. Kissing her again reminded me of how much I really did love her, and made me realize how hard she is trying to protect me.

Her hands moved down to my shirt and she pulled at the hem. We broke the kiss and I pulled the shirt over my head. She put her hands back on my chest and kissed me again. I softly pushed her to the bed and we slipped into a little place of happiness.....

Spencer's POV

I sat on the floor, with a blanket wrapped around me.

"Here you go." Aria gave me a black coffee. "Its black."

"Thanks." I smile at her while taking it.

"So, Kendall is really alive." She said, obviously trying to make conversation.

"Yeah. I've seen her. Now I have to communicate with her, and ask why she is putting herself through this."

"Hey," Aria sat down next to me. "She probably has a really good reason. She's Kendall. Not Alison."

"Yeah, she better have good reason." And I take a sip of my coffee.

A/N: HEY GUYS! ...i actually don't have anything to say...so yea..
Kisses -E