Chapter 12

Mike's POV

Being home alone, again, I was sitting at the dining room table, typing on the computer. I looked up on Google:

DiLaurentis house explosion

Different articles about the house explosion popped up. Like how the explosion occurred, when it happened, and interviews with Ali, and her father and brother. Then there were articles about the dead body found at the scene. Kendall's body. Or what people believe to be Kendall's body.

Obviously, that burnt body found in the explosion wasn't Kendall's, but whose was it?

I heard the door open, and I minimize the page I was on, and a page about sports news showed up. I looked behind me and saw Kendall with a bright smile on her face. She walked in like it was nothing. She wrapped her arms around my torso from behind and kissed my right cheek.

"Hi." She smiled and let go. I saw her move over to the fridge and took out orange juice. She took two glass cups out of the cabinet and set them down. I just studied her as she did it. She seemed so cool and calm, like she was never dead, or A wasn't going to come and kill her. She was care free.

"What?" She asked me curiously from the counter, noticing that I have been looking at her.

I closed my laptop, and walked over to her. She slid the cup of orange juice to me and then sat on the counter.

"You seem very..."

"Calm?" She finished my sentence.

"Yea." I said. I looked down at my cup and asked her, "so...what happened yesterday? With Spencer, Alison, Aria and the others?"

"So I am guessing Aria told you about that?" Kendall whispered while rolling her eyes.

"Whats going on Kendall? Its not like you to act like a superficial bitch to people like Alison did."

"Well I had to."

What does she mean 'she had to.'
Its like she read my mind when she said,

"The only reasons why I ran.." She fumbled with her fingers. "I was meeting with A"

"You what now?" I asked almost choking on the orange juice I just took a sip of.

"Its honestly not a big deal-" she tilted her head.

"Big deal?!" I slam the empty cup onto the counter and move away from her. I stroke my fingers through my hair in a stressful manner, while breathing out heavily.

"Mike," Kendall hopped down from the counter. "You're making this a bigger deal than it already is. At least I didn't die doing it."

"What did A want? Or say even?" Ignoring her previous response, I turned and crossed my arms towards her.

"You are overreacting here. All A wanted was for the girls to get off my back-"

"So they can't protect you? So then A has an easier chance of grabbing ur neck and killing-"

"Mike can you just listen please?!" Kendall raised her voice.

I uncrossed my arms and walked to the living room casually. I sat on the couch and breathed out. I heard her footsteps come closer, until she was in front of me, sitting on the coffee table.

"A said that if I got them to leave me alone, then he or she won't communicate, or touch them in anyway. Acting like Ali, would get them off my back."

I understood now. "Your doing this to help them? And not yourself?"

She laughed slightly. "You know me well enough. I put people I love and care first. Then I take care of myself."

There was a silence that filled the room, until I spoke.

"So does this make you part of the A team?"

"I don't even know."

Yet another silence came. It became awkward, and I didn't like it when it got awkward between us. So, again I broke the silence.

"What about me?"

She thought. "A...didn't say anything about you."

"Its not like A forgot about me."

"What?" Kendall asked.

"Just..be careful when it comes to decisions, and deals..and..." I paused. "If it comes down between you and me or anything that has to do with me, put yourself first okay? That is what I would really want. I would want you to be safe." I leaned foward towards the coffee table and took her hands.

"Okay?"

"Okay." She whispered.

"Oh wait..one more thing.." I said.

"What?" She whispered. I pulled her towards me and kissed her soft lips. I pulled her down further and then moved her so she would be laying back on the couch. We let go of each others hands. She moved hers to my neck and I moved mine down to her hips.

As I kissed her, I realized that I am so lucky to have her alive. But I am worried. She puts everybody else in front of herself. I just hope she doesn't do something idiotic to protect one of us and jeopardize herself.

A/N: what would you guys think if I made a new book? It wouldn't have to do with PLL but it would have to do with mystery and drama. What do you think?
Kisses -E