Chapter 17

Spencer's POV

Hanna and I were in striped uniforms, waiting outside the morgue. Caleb was controlling all of the cameras, and the locks so we can have a smooth ride on trying to find out who the hell took Kendall's place in the explosion. He gave Hanna and I each an earpiece, so we could hear him, and he could hear us.

"So why are we doing this again?" Hanna asked.

"We see if these medical files are legit that's all." I reply.

"Well of course it will be legit." Hanna said. "This is going to be pointless."

We heard the elevator ding, with two nurses coming out of it.

"Act normal." I whisper to Hanna. She pondered for a bit..thinking of what to say.

"Okay, so I was in room 312, and I told the nurse, no, I am not looking at that wart." she said fluently.

When the doctors passed, I couldn't help but giggle slightly at her.

"Door is unlocked, you are all clear." I heard Caleb say through my ear piece.

"Lets go." I tell Hanna pushing through the door.

As soon as we walk in, I felt the chills running down my spine. Bodies were placed on silver carts, with beige drapes covering them, which outlined the bodies. Lights were bright under certain sections of the room, making it someone difficult to see. Even through it was hard to see, it was clear that the file cabinets were across the room. So, Hanna and I shuffled to the cabinets and knelt down. There were a million drawers, each with different letters on them. I looked for the letter H and opened the drawer.

"Hastings comma Kendall." I say out loud while taking her folder our of the filing cabinet.

"Sooooo?" Hanna says impatiently.

"This isn't right.." I say taking out my phone. I take a photo of each piece of paper in that file. As soon as I take a picture of the last page, Caleb yells through the earpiece,

"Tanner is coming! She is going down the elevator, and probably towards you guys."

"Let's get out of here." I tell Hanna in an urgent tone.

"You don't have time! Hide!!" Caleb yells. I look around the room quickly and spot a closet. I grab Hanna's hand and dash towards the closet. I yank the door open and push Hanna in there, and then go inside myself while shutting the door behind me. I looked through a door vent at the top of the door and saw the main entrance door knob start to jiggle. I turned around and put a finger on lips to tell Hanna to stay quiet. She slowly came next to me and both of us looked through the vent.

Detective Tanner walked in with two doctors and Toby..wait..WHAT?! Toby? What the hell was he doing here?! One of the doctors looked through the files in the same drawer as Hanna and I looked through. He took out a file and handed it to Toby.

"There you go. Kendall Hastings file."

"Thank you sir. We will get back to you on the Hastings case right away." Detective Tanner calmly said. She looked at Toby who put on a toothless smile,...or something that barely counted as a smile. He nodded at the doctor and followed Tanner out the door. Both doctors then looked at each other, and gave each other a sigh. They then walked out of the room.

"You're clear to leave." Caleb said through the ear piece about a minute after. Hanna and I opened the closet door and got out.

Hanna went to the middle of the room an turned around. "Why did they want Kendall's file? And what case is happening?"

"I have no idea...right now, we just have to get out of here." I reply.

Hanna nodded and both of us walked out of the morgue and into the elevator.

"Do you think Kendall is a-"

"Don't say it." I abruptly tell her.

She turned her head to look at me." Fine, but I know you were thinking it." She looked foward. I leaned back on the elevator wall, and sighed just like the doctors did. What if the Rosewood PD did know Kendall was alive?

A/N: hey guys! So I need a new profile picture...what should it be? Any suggestions?
Kisses -E