Chapter 7

Kendall's POV

"What?!" I say loudly.

Today, Toby contacted me and asked if we could meet at the back of the cemetery. I agreed and went over there, only for him to tell me that A knows I am alive.

"You heard me." Toby says. He takes out a journal from his pocket. He took out my journal.

"Where did you get this?" I ask taking it from him.

"I told you, A found it and put somewhere where Spencer would find it, and then I found it and told you."

I flipped to the back of the journal and read the A message.

"...so what is our game plan?" I ask.

"I don't know yet. But I think our weekly meetings, should turn into daily ones."

"Yea, okay." I agree. I was 7 am and it the warm summer breeze started to blow in. The sun was rising. You could hear the town starting to wake up, even from where we were.

"Can I ask you something?" Toby asked.

"Yeah?"

"Where have you been staying? If you stay in Rosewood, then-"

"Don't worry about it." I told him. "I am far enough, yet close enough to Rosewood."

"Okay.."

I sigh. "Okay, well I have to go. See you tomorrow? Same time?"

"I work tomorrow. So can we meet at 4?"

"Yeah." I answered him, and then I walked away from the cemetery, into the woods. I wanted to stay in Rosewood for a little while, maybe see Mike and Spence again, but I couldn't because A is after me. A. A knows. Oh my goodness A knows. I have to be more careful then ever now. I have to be careful in where I go, where I stay, and what I do. How can I live knowing A could be stalking me again?
. . .
For the past week, Toby and I have had our daily meetings. We would meet up, and talk about what was going on with A and everyone else. They would get longer by the day. First it would be simply a 10 minute meeting, turning into 20, 25, half an hour to an hour. Toby would get home an hour late from home, and I would always ask him,

"Spencer isn't suspicious?"

He would answer with, "Nope. I just tell her I stay later or there was traffic."

I would nod and smile, but I know how Spencer thinks, she wouldn't agree to a simple lie like that.

Spencer's POV

"Can I ask you guys something?" I say.

I was at the Marin house with Emily and Hanna. We were in Hanna's room. Em was on the desk, Hanna was in her closet and I was laying flat on her bed.

"What's up?" Hanna said turning around from her closet.

"Well," I start. "Toby has been getting home late recently."

"Maybe he is working extra." Emily thought.

"Yea," I sit up on the bed. "But it would be more and more everyday."

"What do you mean?" Hanna said confused.

"I mean the first day, he was 10 minutes late, then he was 20 minutes and it escalated to an hour."

Emily sat there stumped. She had no explanation, Hanna on the other hand did.

"Is he cheating on you?"

Emily looked at Hanna. "Hanna shut up."

"What? Its the only explanation." Hanna crossed her arms.

"No it isn't" Emily defended.

"Then what's another?" I stare into space, starting to agree with Hanna. What if Toby is cheating on me? I thought he loved me.

"Spence," Emily stood up from the desk chair and sat next to me on Hanna's bed.

"I don't think Toby would do something like that to you. But if he is, you have us. Not only to comfort you, but to kill him." Emily said that in such an innocent tone I couldn't help but smile at least a little.
. . .
I got back home, which was Toby's apartment now, and sat on the couch. As soon as I sat down, Toby came into the house.

"Hey beautiful." He came into the house with a bright smile.

"Hi." I say smiling along. He leaned down and kissed me. "Um, your almost two hours late."

"Yes well, I was working late, aaaaand,"

He took out a small box from his pocket. "I got this."

"Toby. Why did you get me something?"

"Cause I felt like it." He told me. "Open it."

I took the box and looked at his eyes which were full of joy. I opened it and saw a beautiful bracelet. It was a pandora bracelet, which had charms on it. There was an S charm, a heart charm, and a T charm, in that order.

"Tobes, I, I love it. So much."

"I was hoping you would." He told me.

Then I thought what if Toby wasn't cheating on me? What is he was actually working late?

But I was wrong with that.

The next day, Toby came home late. And I mean late. I mean he came home 2 hours late. I called into his job to ask if he was alright, but they said he wasn't there. I knew it was true. He was cheating.

I heard the door close, and saw Toby walk in with a smile, that soon faded.

"What?" He asked.

"What?! You are home two hours late. Why?"

"I was working late." He simply answered.

"Yea okay, cut the crap."

"What the hell Spencer?"

"I called, and they said you weren't there."

He stormed into the kitchen. "Okay fine I wasn't-"

"Then where were you?!" I yell, tears starting to form in my eyes.

There was no answer. He grunted and put his elbows on the kitchen counter and put his hands in his hair.

"Are you cheating on me?" I finally spit out.

He looked up in disbelief, and then I heard the word,

"No."

It wasn't Toby who said that. It was a female voice.. I turned around and saw who barged into the door. It was Kendall.

"Toby isn't cheating on you. He is helping me." She breathed out. And that was when I was going to go off.

A/N: ta daaaaa! Yea if its bad sorry, I wrote this quickly. I am trying to update as much as possible since I have no school until next year! Haha get it?
Keep commenting and liking!!!

Kisses -E