.30

jeongin was taken aback by the fury displayed on felix's face.

"he did what?" then raised a hand, "no, don't tell me. it's better if i don't know."

jeongin rolled his eyes, "you're making this seem worse than it is."

felix seemed to choke on his own tongue.

"well, i'm sorry if i interpret things from what they really are, and not dance around the problem like you always do."

"now, what does that mean? what the hell you're talking about?" jeongin didn't like how everything felix said sounded like a maze of words, a riddle, "he just rested his hand on my thigh until we finished the lesson, and that was, like, 15 minutes!"

"the problem is," felix crossed his arms, "you're screwing your life up."

"huh?" what in the world?

felix pursed his lips in thinking, eyes angrily scanning jeongin's face with such intensity jeongin felt scared. he suddenly didn't want to listen to whatever felix was about to say.

but, after a heavy sigh, felix said nonetheless:

"you are deviating from the path our lord jesus christ has traced to you," he stated matter-of-factly, close-eyed and voice smooth yet raspy, as if he were the leader of some vegan supremacy cult.

jeongin stood up from the bed, making a bee line for the door, "i'm not talking to you anymore."

felix didn't come rushing for him, but muttered something about texting a bunch of people under his breath as jeongin shut the door harder than intended, and was furiously typing when jeongin came back, humiliated, because he'd forgotten his bag.

---

"i wonder if this is actually fish?" hyunjin was making a close examination of the slightly burnt red piece of unidentified meat that somehow made its way to their lunch, holding it between his thumb and index finger.

jeongin stopped writing, narrowing his eyes at the abominable food hyunjin held. he still had half the page waiting to be filled with irregular verbs in jeongin's sloppy english handwriting, but somehow talking about the atrocity that was the school's lunch was a more interesting topic to occupy his time with.

"they only serve fish on thursdays, so probably not," jeongin informed, looking down at the words in his notebook that were starting to look like a puzzle. he didn't see a good reason to learn another language, he spoke one just fine already! but... chan told him to practice, and... he wanted chan to be proud of him, right? because he liked him, right?

hyunjin was counting with the fingers of his free hand, "today is... wednesday!" he realized, then frowned, suspiciously looking at the piece of meat, "but wait... it's bacon day!"

both of them looked at each other, disgust spreading through their faces at the same time.

"ew!" jeongin expressed.

"why does it smell fishy?" hyunjin aimelessly threw it away from himself, repulsed, and it landed right on top of jeongin's irregular verbs.

with a squeak, jeongin hurled the notebook over the other side of the table. it came dangerously close to fall, but someone else caught it.

the fishy bacon fell to the floor, unable to cause any more harm.

"hyunjin? can we talk?"

jeongin raised his eyes from the defeated piece of meat on the ground. long legs came into full form of a stoic seungmin, eyes focused on the boy on his side, who was still recovering from the bacon fright.

"w-we?" hyunjin's voice came close to cracking horribly, looking at seungmin with a confused expression. as he should! what could seungmin ever want with him? they weren't even in the same classes!

seungmin's impassive pair of eyes rested on jeongin for a split of a second, before going back to hyunjin.

"alone," he insisted.

whoa, whoa, whoa. what?

"what?" jeongin voiced out, glancing at hyunjin, did they knew each other? there was no way! they had the same group of friends! "what? why?"

seungmin slid the book through the table. it landed right in front of jeongin, unharmed, full of uncompleted homework.

"i need to have a word with him," seungmin said dismissively, shooting jeongin a raised eyebrow, "i'm sure you wouldn't mind, would you?"

jeongin opened his mouth, but before he could say anything, hyunjin stood up and, reluctantly, followed seungmin to god knows where, to talk about god knows what, and even... do? god knows what.

jeongin didn't like it.