.09

jeongin wanted to slap himself in the face for never making it to the football yard once in his life.

firstly, watching hot boys run to catch a ball was extremely interesting, especially when they got too sweaty and took their shirts off.

especially if one of them was chan.

jeongin didn't know in what dimension he was living in for not knowing chan played the same sport as felix. maybe that was how felix knew him?

whatever. now jeongin was a woke person. he now loved footbal. sports? life! who said it was dumb? not him!

jeongin sat on the bleachers, a sulky hyunjin by his side. the taller was tapping his foot into the ground and checking his watch every five seconds, but that didn't bother jeongin when he had a privileged view of chan's abs.

"how long will this take?" hyunjin huffed.

jeongin was starting to get annoyed. "it'll take as long as it needs to."

he could hear hyunjin mumble under his breath, "we're wasting time." but he ignored.

his full attention was on chan's pecs, who surprisingly (and for jeongin's complete delight) had been the first one in the team to take off his shirt, followed by some others, and jeongin, startled and a bit excited, thought for a split second that the soccer game would become a strip show but then he realized it was a shirt vs shirtless type game, a way to differentiate the teams.

jeongin suddenly made a vow to come to every practice ever.

"i could get a six pack too, you know," he half heard hyunjin speak, "but i fear i'd lose my personality."

jeongin gasped. "are you implying that chan hyung doesn't have a personality?"

hyunjin arched an eyebrow. "i didn't say names."

jeongin frowned, then turned back to the game.

he thought he recognized felix running for a second, but he could be wrong. for jeongin, it felt like there was only chan in the whole school, skin glistening with sweat and running towards the ball and on the way to make a score. suddenly the thought of the older making a score felt so hot and jeongin felt strangely squirmish. there really was just chan. chan and his abs and his—

"this is taking so loooong!" hyunjin whined, throwing himself in his lap.

and hyunjin.

jeongin groaned, annoyed, and as became busy trying to shove hyunjin off of himself, some other students at the bleachers started screaming, startling both of them and bringing jeongin's attention back to the game.

apparently, chan had just made an actual score, by the way his other shirtless teammates were all also screaming hugging him and each other.

jeongin wondered  how a real game would be like, by how much noise they made over a practice game.

it didn't change that hyunjin had just made him lose his opportunity to see chan making a score for the first time.

jeongin glared at him.

of course it wasn't that deep, but being angry at hyunjin was basically one of his personality traits at this point, as familiar as breathing.

so he couldn't stop himself from humphing at him, alarmingly like a child about to throw a tantrum, getting up from his seat and making his way out of the bleachers.

hyunjin followed him, of course, and one glance at his satisfied face made jeongin even more mad. was he really this desperate to go home, or was it just to piss him off? jeongin rolled his eyes. of course it was just to mess with him. that was hyunjin's freaking hobby at this point.

and because of hyunjin, jeongin almost forgot that chan was coming with them to his house. it made him blush furiously, to the thought of being with the two boys all alone for a few hours.

he rephrased it. not the two of them. just chan. he hadn't even invited hyunjin. he was as useful with chemistry stuff as jeongin himself was.

they waited for chan near the p.e. boys' toilet, with hyunjin still pestering jeongin to just go home already, which jeongin practically just astral projected out of his body because he really didn't want to hear his whining anymore.

chan appeared moments after, wet hair and smelling like soap, not even noticing hyunjin's arm draping over his shoulders as they started walking, chatting all the way to his house. well, jeongin and chan were chatting while hyunjin was sporadically shouting nonsense between the conversation.