.56

"you! bang chan, you are under arrest!" seungmin charged like a soldier on duty, holding such power and authority that put the chaotic crowd into place.

not only did he silence everyone, but also managed to pull off a reenactment of moses parting the red sea, only the red sea was a bunch of staff crew members, overhyped theater kids, and their moms.

and, at the end of the tunnel, there was a cornered chan on a chair, innocently cleaning his stage makeup and looking wide-eyed at the commotion.

but jeongin would've guessed his surprise came less from seungmin's arrest proclamation and more with the actual cop strolling behind him.

moustache, keys jiggling, and formal clothing. but with the police hat on his head, he was undeniably a cop.

felix submerged out of the crowd through elbowing, his face the personification of horror. he exclaimed, outraged: "what? seungmin, him?"

hyunjin, from his side, muttered, "isn't that our biology teacher?"

jeongin absent-mindedly hummed in response. he couldn't give two thoughts for people outside the theater.

seungmin ignored felix, zeroing on chan, still holding a face wipe, and pointing accusingly.

"your reign of crimes ends tonight!" he reached for his hand and, with a quick move of his wrist, handcuffed him. "you'll rot in jail for what you've done to m- what you have done!"

the crowd gasped.

chan loudly yelped once the metal snapped on his wrist, the same one he was using to clean his face, and exclaimed a shocked "what?"

"don't go playing dumb! i know what you did!" seungmin's voice resonated through the room, "i know just how you opperate! i experienced it first hand, and i've been watching you perform the same thing with that boy over there!"

guided by seungmin's index finger pointing to his direction, the crowd's attention quickly shifted to jeongin. god, please, make this end.

and then, with the same strategy as freddy at the end of a scooby-doo episode just about to yank the mask off the villain's face, seungmin revealed chan's evil plan:

"first, you befriend them. then, after you make sure you have your claws deep enough in their hearts, you seduce them! making them fall head over heels for you," seungmin marches around the makeup chair chan sat on, feet stomping on the ground like a royal guard. "they're just little boys, usually. naive, young, probably dumb..."

jeongin couldn't help but feel offended.

"hey!" he said.

seungmin promptly ignored him. "you lure them with your boy-next-door charms, and then also get the good sides of their friends and family, so nobody can possibly suspect you. 'oh, no! not chan! he's a good boy, he helps seungmin with english every wednesday night!'" seungmin quoted with a high-pitched voice, scrunching up his face in disgust. "isn't it like that, chan?"

the crowd, who had been ping-ponging their attention with catching both boys' reactions, turned back to chan.

the piece of face wipe was finally forgotten on the floor, beside his right foot. his face looked almost comical, with only half of his face wiped clean of makeup, mouth agape and eyes transfixed on seungmin. chan was the image of a mouse caught in the trap.

wow, jeongin thought, seungmin really was right.

"yes, i know what you did that night, chan," seungmin grinned down at him, devilishly. "that senior party? i know everything!"