.35

as jeongin made his way out of the gates of the school, he got face-to-face with a sight couldn't quite grasp. in short, he was beyond shocked.

because hyunjin was right in front of him, a black leather jacket, black jeans, black boots, black sunglasses (even though the sun was already setting down?) and what seemed like... hair gel?

to top it all off, he sat on a bike. not a normal bike but a motorcycle.

hyunjin chewed on the air, it seemed, until jeongin realized that the toothpick was making another appearance again.

hyunjin's face turned to him, a hand reaching to tilt his sunglasses down on his nose to look at him. jeongin couldn't help blushing at the sight. what the hell?

he tried to recover as quickly as possible, "are you having a mid-life crisis? what's all this?"

"this?" hyunjin slapped a hand at the body of the motorcycle, "is your ride home."

"what? why?"

hyunjin turned his head side to side, as if checking for intruders. he leaned down and said in a conspirational tone, "to keep you safe!"

jeongin's eyes widened. did hyunjin know about his interrogation on room B-20 hosted by janet wilson felix and undercover cop seungmin? could it be that hyunjin remembered jeongin's crime and auto-intitulated himself as his accomplice? the whole alex turner outfit-of-the-day gave off undeniable law-defying vibes. hwang hyunjin should be arrested for looking this hot.

however... who was going to drive that thing? surely not hyunjin, he hoped?

"you know how to drive it?" jeongin asked sceptically.

"uh-huh," with a jerk of his hand, the motor started with a loud cry of the engine. "hop on."

"you do know my house is, like, a five-minute walk, right?" jeongin was still sceptical: "if we die i'm dragging you with me to hell." but he climbed behind him nonetheless, the heat also climbing up to his cheeks as he reluctantly wrapped his arms around hyunjin's abdomen. it jerked at his touch, becoming rock hard in an instant. was hyunjin flexing for him? jeongin tried to feel it without being obvious.

but it was fruitless since hyunjin turned, the smirk on his lips overpowering his own reflection on the glasses as hyunjin said, "i bet you'd drag me to heaven, since that's were angels come from." before taking off with the bike, leaving jeongin to hold him for dear life as it picked on speed and the wind wooshed in his ears.

it was an understatement to say that jeongin was scared. his heart was on his throat and sadly he couldn't even enjoy much of hyunjin's abs muscles as he clinged to him to avoid meeting his death. although the mental image of him accidentally letting go of hyunjin and flying back and off the bike induced some giggles from him, until he was joyfully laughing.

riding a motorcycle was truly a boost for anyone's mood. he wanted to stand on top of it, arms open like jesus on the way to be crucified, the thrill of getting away with crime, even for a short time, was exhilarating, nevermind neither him nor hyunjin was wearing a helmet or any protection at all.

suddenly he was being squashed into hyunjin's back, his nose abruptly crashing into the back of hyunjin's head. a quick shot of pain descended into his body, face beating hot like a second heart. did hyunjin fucking break his nose??

after that hyunjin - or it could be anyone, jeongin was momentarily blinded by the pain - was pushing him inside his own house, holding his head back, towards the sky until it gave place to the ceiling of his house.

jeongin assumed he was in the kitchen now, if the telltale of running tape water was anything to give, or at least that was what jeongin thought he heard above his own moans of pain.

a wet towel was placed to his face, suffocating him. oh, god, hyunjin was trying to kill him! but before he could drown to death with the umid towel, jeongin felt fingers on his chin, pulling his lower lip down, allowing him to breathe.

it could be minutes or hours until jeongin finally came to his senses, drunk off of pain and oxygen, but once he could decently open his eyes, jeongin was surprised to find hyunjin's face so close. his pupils were blown wide, as if he was on hard drugs or something, and they stared right into jeongin's own eyes.

maybe it was jeongin who pushed the towel away from his face and leaned in closer, watching those eyes shift from his eyes to lower down. and maybe jeongin felt the taste of hyunjin's lips under the taste of his own gross nosebleed but...

"sweetie, your friend came looking for— oh."

as if struck by lightning, jeongin and hyunjin jumped away from each other, jeongin quickly turning to the source of the voice: that was his mom, and... chan.

he had forgotten they were supposed to study tonight.

chan didn't seem happy, though.